Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compatibility issues with Google Chrome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility issues with Google Chrome

Hi folks,
    I'm having a problem with the forum. Whenever I open it it seems to be missing content, have content in the wrong places, etc etc etc. I'm getting the same issues on both my Windows 10 laptop and Windows 7 desktop which leads me to believe it's a google chrome issue with compatibility. I have googled google to see if there's a fix but so far nothing that makes sense and doesn't involve sacrificing my first born to the blood god of the week..

Update. I got the web page working in Edge by going into the developer tools, and following their directions to sacrifice a chicken to Bal and then change the webpage compatibility to Windows 10. But for the life of me I can't get chrome to display it properly no matter how many chickens or children I sacrifice. So has anybody else run across this problem with Chrome and if so how did they fix it.

Anyway I also attached a screen shot to show what the page looks like in Chrome and what it looked like in Edge till I got lucky and got it to run.

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance.

ADG
    Last edited by a displaced gopher; 12-08-2017, 03:20 PM.

Regardless of browser (firefox, chrome, IE11, Edge) or using compatibility mode in IE11, I get the same thing as your screenshot on my laptop. And from any other desktop I've tried recently.

For me, the forum us completely unusable from a Windows machine. I pretty much have to use my phone...
    Doh

Comment

Originally posted by a displaced gopher View Post
      Hi folks,
      I'm having a problem with the forum. Whenever I open it it seems to be missing content, have content in the wrong places, etc etc etc. I'm getting the same issues on both my Windows 10 laptop and Windows 7 desktop which leads me to believe it's a google chrome issue with compatibility. I have googled google to see if there's a fix but so far nothing that makes sense and doesn't involve sacrificing my first born to the blood god of the week..

Update. I got the web page working in Edge by going into the developer tools, and following their directions to sacrifice a chicken to Bal and then change the webpage compatibility to Windows 10. But for the life of me I can't get chrome to display it properly no matter how many chickens or children I sacrifice. So has anybody else run across this problem with Chrome and if so how did they fix it.

Anyway I also attached a screen shot to show what the page looks like in Chrome and what it looked like in Edge till I got lucky and got it to run.

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance.

ADG
      Like I said. I got it going with edge but had to change the compatibility. Here's how to change the compatibility in edge. It's a little tricky but it worked for me.

https://edgetalk.net/microsoft-edge-...rnet-explorer/

Good luck.

Comment

Like I said. I got it going with edge but had to change the compatibility. Here's how to change the compatibility in edge. It's a little tricky but it worked for me.

https://edgetalk.net/microsoft-edge-...rnet-explorer/

Good luck.
        You might have the key to the problem right there.

Comment

Yup, did all that. Assigned riderfans.com as a domain that needs to be opened in compatibility mode in IE11(and flushed the cache after), still no luck.
          Doh

Comment

Bottom lime: The site is just wonky now. Having to use 'request desktop site' on phones, all the issues with browsers on Windows workstations...

Would be nice if there was just a fix to make the site reliable like the old one was.
            Doh

Comment

Originally posted by ROFLMAO View Post

You might have the key to the problem right there.
              Not a solution, but a key to the problem. Which is better.

Comment

Originally posted by oraclese View Post
                Yup, did all that. Assigned riderfans.com as a domain that needs to be opened in compatibility mode in IE11(and flushed the cache after), still no luck.
                Try this. Open edge and start riderfans.com page then run it as IE 11 then when it's in that web page go to developer tools and change the user agent string to IE 10 and give it a shot. For some reason that rings a bell and you may want to try different versions of IE till you find one that works. Other than giving that a try I have no idea how to fix the issue. But once again good luck because this is frustrating as hell.

Comment

I got a suggestion that changing a couple of options in the settings of the site to "no" might fix it. Went into the control panel optimistically but those settings were already set to "no". Back to the drawing board. Chrome is actually the one browser that is working fine for me vs explorer and safari

Comment

Try this. Open edge and start riderfans.com page then run it as IE 11 then when it's in that web page go to developer tools and change the user agent string to IE 10 and give it a shot. For some reason that rings a bell and you may want to try different versions of IE till you find one that works. Other than giving that a try I have no idea how to fix the issue. But once again good luck because this is frustrating as hell.
                    Unless I did it wrong, I tried that with no luck

Comment

I've had no issues until mid morning today. I have windows 7 and view the site in Chrome with my settings at 125% zoom for best viewing on a laptop.

The personalized avatars are incredibly huge and have taken over. The stock avatars, like mine, are fine. I had to reset my zoom level to 90%, but then the site is hard to read.

Same result in IE.

Thanks. We know that you are doing your best.

Comment

PS. Could we just get rid of avatars? I'm getting ill looking at dog faces.
                        Last edited by Sprout; 12-12-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post
                          PS. Could we just get rid of avatars? I'm getting ill looking at dog faces.
                          User settings
                          Accounts
                          Uncheck Show Avatars

Comment

Originally posted by ROFLMAO View Post

User settings
                            Accounts
                            Uncheck Show Avatars
                            Alas. I enter the forum through New Topics and am still greeted by GiventoFly's big dog face avatar. Once inside the topic, the avy's are killed. LOL.
                            Last edited by Sprout; 12-12-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

Alas. Doesn't work.
                              Does for me. After u clicking, did you click on Save Changes?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X