Riderfans Web site issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
    Some other things that have popped up are the times are all wrong on the supposed last post. It says there are 2 responses in the Chapdelaine is fired thread, but when I go in it there 7 pages. Stuff like that.
    This, and when we hit the "go to last post" it goes to the second post, not the 222nd that is the actual last post.

Comment

With all due respect. These issues are unacceptable. The problems seem to be consistent and irritating.

Comment

First time I've been able to get on the site all evening.
        Where's the Bridge to more cram sammiches??

Comment

Originally posted by Mallard View Post
          First time I've been able to get on the site all evening.
          i here you, it is a free site but difficult to get on here, was thinking about doing an rf.com facebook site as backup

Comment

Finally got on too. apparently can't handle the lad?

Comment

Originally posted by USRidersFan View Post
              With all due respect. These issues are unacceptable. The problems seem to be consistent and irritating.
              When you play the bills, you can call it unacceptable. Until then, go start your own site.

Comment

I believe RedRocket is away this weekend so I'll try and hold down the fort. The host said that the site got overloaded but it can't be regular traffic. The number of hits they gave me when they got it back up was crazy. No way it's legit. It seems to be a load issue but not regular traffic causing it

Comment

Are you checking your own logs or relying on your host for that information? There are very few hosting providers I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                    I believe RedRocket is away this weekend so I'll try and hold down the fort. The host said that the site got overloaded but it can't be regular traffic. The number of hits they gave me when they got it back up was crazy. No way it's legit. It seems to be a load issue but not regular traffic causing it
                    So you think it is a sort of DDOS attack? Hits seem awfully high after each game so could your host plan for the next one?

Comment

Originally posted by ROFLMAO View Post

When you play the bills, you can call it unacceptable. Until then, go start your own site.
                      there have been offers in this thread to provide hosting so if this is hosted on a free site then that would be a first step to alleviate the issue. Whomever is hosting this site isn't able to handle the traffic, legit or not, this is NOT admins\owners not trying to fix it, rather their hosting service not being adequate IMHO

Comment

Are you running any kind of traffic analysis on the site? Google Analytics is a free and very useful one.

Comment

I have suspected that the site is being purposely attacked. It's sure getting frustrating, but good job dealing with the situation.

Perhaps it it is time for a donation function so us users/participants/community members can help with the costs of operating this great site?

Comment

This place is broken in other ways as well. Many threads show incorrect times of the last post and you can't navigate back to where you last read the thread. It's very annoying on long threads.

Comment

Traffic must be way down this season. I'm worried about membership and sponsors going elsewhere.
                              Last edited by Mcintosh; 09-16-2017, 08:40 AM.
                              Originally posted by Saskfan in Winnipeg

YOU ARE VERY WRONG.

Comment

Originally posted by kcountry View Post

I have suspected that the site is being purposely attacked. It's sure getting frustrating, but good job dealing with the situation.

Perhaps it it is time for a donation function so us users/participants/community members can help with the costs of operating this great site?
                                Put me down to kick in some $$$

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X