No announcement yet.

Riderfans Web site issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll donate hosting, just need someone to hit me up.

Comment

The real question is, what's the problem? Is it actually a hosting issue (server going down, not enough bandwidth, cpu/ram, etc.). Or is it a site management issue.

Comment

Sometimes the message says "server not responding" sometimes it says "error 404" or some such thing.
        Where's the Bridge to more cram sammiches??

Comment

Resources are being eaten up on the host with cause being vBulletin. Trying to tweak and clean up by parsing apache logs and finding problem areas to get it working better but might be at the threshold where dedicated hosting is required.

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket View Post
            Resources are being eaten up on the host with cause being vBulletin. Trying to tweak and clean up by parsing apache logs and finding problem areas to get it working better but might be at the threshold where dedicated hosting is required.
            Thanks for the info, but I haven't a clue what you said.
            Where's the Bridge to more cram sammiches??

Comment

Originally posted by Mallard View Post

Thanks for the info, but I haven't a clue what you said.
              LOL, that's "geek speak" for throw more money at it! There is NO problem computer/server/network that can't be solved with more money/resources!
              having blacksun or sasktel hosting this site in return for advertising might be an option but those things are up to the owner of this site as there may be other implications. To be honest the Riders could pick up some of the costs, but then there are other implications and it is being run very well now.

Comment

I'm unable to add pics to my posts. I've tried with and without the "reference locally" checkbox, and I've also tried uploading to the server. The picture will load into where I type my post, but when I try to post it I get the following error

Error while saving content: SyntaxError: Unexpected token F in JSON at position 1

Comment

Has anyone tried turning it off then on?

Comment

If the server goes down, will Gary accuse it of faking?

Comment

Originally posted by A Rider Fan View Post
                      LOL, that's "geek speak" for throw more money at it! There is NO problem computer/server/network that can't be solved with more money/resources!
                      having blacksun or sasktel hosting this site in return for advertising might be an option but those things are up to the owner of this site as there may be other implications. To be honest the Riders could pick up some of the costs, but then there are other implications and it is being run very well now.
                      I'll host it for free on a dedicated server and provide technical help. I work in the industry.

Edit: dual processor Xeon w/ 96GB of ram and a TB of RAID-1 SSD space can be ready to go in a couple of days. I can set up and assist in the migration of the existing site to it.

Edit 2: Will also ensure the proper backups are in place so another total loss of the board does not happen under my watch.
                      Last edited by guppy; 09-05-2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by guppy View Post
                        I'll donate hosting, just need someone to hit me up.
                        http://www.riderfans.com/forum/filed...84&type=medium
                        Last edited by grumpycat; 09-05-2017, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I am confused by your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by guppy View Post

I am confused by your reply.
                            Error while saving content: SyntaxError: Unexpected token F
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post
                              I'm unable to add pics to my posts. I've tried with and without the "reference locally" checkbox, and I've also tried uploading to the server. The picture will load into where I type my post, but when I try to post it I get the following error

Error while saving content: SyntaxError: Unexpected token F in JSON at position 1
                              See if it works now.

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket View Post

See if it works now.
                                Nope. Same error when posting, this error if I preview instead

Error Loading Preview

Error information: " 403 error Forbidden"

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X