No announcement yet.

Riderfans Web site issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checking to see if the site was going through some fixes because it's a mangled mess on my laptop. Works on my phone, sort of

Comment

• This is what the website looks like on my laptop....
      Attached Files

Comment

• Site wasn't working at all for about an hour yesterday afternoon (Dec 6/17) from my desktop but been fine since then.
        Ricky Ray sure fed cram sammiches!!

Comment

• It worked first thing this morning fine, then a jumbled mess for most of the day and now it won't allow me to post or even log in on my laptop

Comment

• Doesn't Geocities offer support of some sort?

Comment

• The pic posted by Giventofly in post#212 looks like my screen.
              It's been like that since yesterday or the day before.
              (Using windows 8.1/Google Chrome if it matters).

Comment

• Yhe sie has been messed up for the last 3 days. I'm using Mac desktop and a Mac Pro and all the regular browsers with no difference. No problems on other sites. I can't even read the first few words that I've just typed.

Comment

• Any idea how one can fix this problem because it sucks going on the site with just my phone. It works, I just hate trying to type anything, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                    Any idea how one can fix this problem because it sucks going on the site with just my phone. It works, I just hate trying to type anything, lol
                    Not sure, I'm having the same issue with FireFox. With Chrome it renders fine.

Comment

• Nothing is working for me. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, Safari on 3 computers using Sasktel and My phone as a hotspot. Unreadable for almost a week. Absolutely no issues on any other site. This sucks.

Comment

• Just as an update if it helps, I tried the Opera browser and it worked perfectly..... until it asked to update. Once I applied the update, it looks like all the other browsers.

Comment

• The only common theme I can find here is that the problems are happening after updates. Cause we are all over the map in what browsers work and what doesn't

Comment

• For me, this forum became horribly corrupted on both Firefox and Edge Windows 10 browsers very shortly after the Eastern Final game and has remained that way ever since. As if the Riders getting to within a minute of going to the Grey Cup was the last straw for an always strained (free?) web hosting service. (I haven't bothered with any other desktop browsers because it's obvious the issue is exclusive to this site.)

What surprises me is how patient CRF and others have been all year long with the forum regularly crashing during peak times and now this issue happening for multiple weeks. Surely there is enough potential financial support available from the hundreds of avid users of this forum to fund a return to a high quality web hosting service. I know I would happily donate a meaningful amount...

Comment

• I don't think this is a host issue. We got the crash issue resolved with a temp fix where it did not happen from the end of Oct on after games. This seems to be a problem with these latest versions of vbulletin. And you can't use earlier versions cause then you don't have updated security patches or support.

This is a really painful solution cause it would involve everyone probably having to re-sign up again, but in my mind I have been wondering if i need to explore other potential non-vbulletin forums.

Comment

• This is why the site isn't loading right -- if you load the CSS files, they contain this error:

2: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1203): User riderf5_vbbbdb already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

But for whatever reason, if you come via a mobile browser (or lie and say you have one), you get the proper CSS file.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X