Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montreal Canadiens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good game tonight. Sucks to lose, but so far we have 3 out of 4 points on this big 4 game stretch. Keep grinding

    Comment


    • Agastino on waivers , Alzner clears waivers and sent to Laval.

      Comment


      • https://lastwordonhockey.com/2019/02...dline-targets/

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
          Good game tonight. Sucks to lose, but so far we have 3 out of 4 points on this big 4 game stretch. Keep grinding
          Habs do not have the skill to compete with the top teams in OT they have to win in regulation as 5 on 5 they can play with anyone

          Comment


          • Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

            Habs do not have the skill to compete with the top teams in OT they have to win in regulation as 5 on 5 they can play with anyone
            I didn't bother looking it up but is their ot record that bad? Too me their pp is terrible there again I didn't look it up.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

              I didn't bother looking it up but is their ot record that bad? Too me their pp is terrible there again I didn't look it up.
              well they have lost two winnable games to the leaf's in OT and yes the power play is terrible but then again so is the leaf's and they have all the talent in the world

              when you go skill VS skill in 3 on 3 OT habs have trouble competing against the top teams

              Comment


              • Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

                Habs do not have the skill to compete with the top teams in OT they have to win in regulation as 5 on 5 they can play with anyone
                They don't and thankfully there's no 3 on 3 in the playoffs.

                Nice cheap pickup today in snagging Thompson. Not a world beater, but he does improve the 4th line. Him, Weise and eventually Byron will be solid down there.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

                  They don't and thankfully there's no 3 on 3 in the playoffs.

                  Nice cheap pickup today in snagging Thompson. Not a world beater, but he does improve the 4th line. Him, Weise and eventually Byron will be solid down there.
                  lets hope Mr Weise can regain his opportunistic scoring touch he had with his last stint as a hab

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

                    lets hope Mr Weise can regain his opportunistic scoring touch he had with his last stint as a hab
                    I'd love to see it happen but I'm not holding my breath

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

                      They don't and thankfully there's no 3 on 3 in the playoffs.

                      Nice cheap pickup today in snagging Thompson. Not a world beater, but he does improve the 4th line. Him, Weise and eventually Byron will be solid down there.
                      Thatís a classic Bergevin trade. Right now the difference in those picks is eight spots so itís almost free.

                      Comment


                      • MB is having a bit of difficulty with asset management at the moment. He's recently lost two to the waiver wire and Chaput about to be placed on it all the while 4 ECHLers are on Laval's roster. I think MB is going to have to add some 4th line depth. Good news though is that with all the draft picks moving up from juniors in the next couple of years it won't be a problem later.
                        Last edited by CooCooCaChew; 02-11-2019, 05:12 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

                          I didn't bother looking it up but is their ot record that bad? Too me their pp is terrible there again I didn't look it up.
                          The Habs have six wins and seven losses in overtime/shootout games this season.

                          Riderfans - Came for the info... stayed for the drama.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CooCooCaChew View Post
                            MB is having a bit of difficulty with asset management at the moment. He's recently lost two to the waiver wire and Chaput about to be placed on it all the while 4 ECHLers are on Laval's roster. I think MB is going to have to add some 4th line depth. Good news though is that with all the draft picks moving up from juniors in the next couple of years it won't be a problem later.
                            Agostino gone on waivers, who else? Weise and Thompson help the fourth line.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Oracle View Post

                              The Habs have six wins and seven losses in overtime/shootout games this season.
                              Not terrible but worse than their regulation record.

                              Comment


                              • Ouelette, Sherback and now Chaput. Not major players but with Macarren done for the year they are now short at Laval and the 4th line needs help Weiss and Thompson help but they need more bodies that they can move back and forth.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X