Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montreal Canadiens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

    some youthful exuberance will help win some games that maybe they wouldn't have other wise
    I can appreciate the optimism, you're more hopeful than I am!

    Comment


    • Montreal is and will be a horrible team for years. Their entitled fans will be flipping out and calling 911 during games as many of them are highly irrational.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Iapyi View Post
        Montreal is and will be a horrible team for years. Their entitled fans will be flipping out and calling 911 during games as many of them are highly irrational.
        Thanks for your very helpful and useful analysis.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

          Thanks for your very helpful and useful analysis.
          Interesting as this is not so much an analysis as an observation. I can appreciate how it's accuracy which indicate analysis and thank you for the compliment.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

            I can appreciate the optimism, you're more hopeful than I am!
            The way I see it the Habs were not winning with PK, AG, MP , Markov or Radulov and the only reason they had some playoff success or lack there of was because of the play of CP 31 and then Halak single handily stole the series from the caps and penguins a few years back. Goaltending has put a lot of lipstick on a pig for years in Montreal so as painful as it may seem its time to start over. Love Bergy or hate him he does have the nards to make changes

            Comment


            • Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

              The way I see it the Habs were not winning with PK, AG, MP , Markov or Radulov and the only reason they had some playoff success or lack there of was because of the play of CP 31 and then Halak single handily stole the series from the caps and penguins a few years back. Goaltending has put a lot of lipstick on a pig for years in Montreal so as painful as it may seem its time to start over. Love Bergy or hate him he does have the nards to make changes
              Bergevin is making a change, but it’s fixing his own mess so I don’t know how much credit I can give him. I was a big Bergevin fan the first few years but the previous ~2 years included lots of mistakes. I am liking the work he’s done since he committed to a full-on rebuild.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

                Bergevin is making a change, but it’s fixing his own mess so I don’t know how much credit I can give him. I was a big Bergevin fan the first few years but the previous ~2 years included lots of mistakes. I am liking the work he’s done since he committed to a full-on rebuild.
                Except that he doesn't call it a rebuild. Full disclosure let me admit upfront that I went into mourning the day THE TRADE was announced (PK for Weber) and generally regard Bergevin as an arrogant lying sack of me**e who wouldn't know how to build a hockey team in the middle of Siberia (with all due apologies to the many good Siberians reading this). Since that time I have waited patiently for his sorry *** to be fired but as it turns out, his owner is also a complete idiot! I weep for this once great organization who have begun to remind me of the pathetic Leafs organizations of years past that had to resort to showing grainy black and white film of their last Cup win in 1967 to prove their undeniable dominance over the hockey world. I would give anything to have an energized team to cheer on like the current Leafs but have resigned myself to the fact that given that I am now 65, the chances of another Cup for les Glorieux in my lifetime are almost nil. In my opinion no competent rebuild can start without a plan and Bergevin has no clue, let alone a plan. The true rebuild starts when Bergevin is fired …..

                Please accept my apologies for the rant ….. I despise Bergevin but know that my fellow Hab fans have suffered as much or more than I have and there are many opinions out there on how to fix the Titanic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by johndryden View Post

                  Except that he doesn't call it a rebuild. Full disclosure let me admit upfront that I went into mourning the day THE TRADE was announced (PK for Weber) and generally regard Bergevin as an arrogant lying sack of me**e who wouldn't know how to build a hockey team in the middle of Siberia (with all due apologies to the many good Siberians reading this). Since that time I have waited patiently for his sorry *** to be fired but as it turns out, his owner is also a complete idiot! I weep for this once great organization who have begun to remind me of the pathetic Leafs organizations of years past that had to resort to showing grainy black and white film of their last Cup win in 1967 to prove their undeniable dominance over the hockey world. I would give anything to have an energized team to cheer on like the current Leafs but have resigned myself to the fact that given that I am now 65, the chances of another Cup for les Glorieux in my lifetime are almost nil. In my opinion no competent rebuild can start without a plan and Bergevin has no clue, let alone a plan. The true rebuild starts when Bergevin is fired …..

                  Please accept my apologies for the rant ….. I despise Bergevin but know that my fellow Hab fans have suffered as much or more than I have and there are many opinions out there on how to fix the Titanic
                  I'm not at despise yet but I would have been on board with a firing. I think he doesn't call it a rebuild because fans, especially the Quebecois fans, wouldn't accept it. But if you look at the moves they're making, I don't see how it can be anything but a rebuild.

                  I also hated the Subban trade and that's when my opinion of Bergevin started to diminish.

                  Comment


                  • It was a fun scrimmage to watch yesterday. The speed of the team has picked up considerably. Might make watching the games a little less painful this year. Don't get me wrong, we're still getting a Top 10 pick next draft, but you can see the change in philosophy taking place.

                    Comment


                    • Comment


                      • Habs appear to have finally given up on their 2013 1st rounder Michael McCarron who was supposed to be the big winger they needed.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by coralharbour View Post
                          Habs appear to have finally given up on their 2013 1st rounder Michael McCarron who was supposed to be the big winger they needed.
                          He was drafted as a centre. Wing was plan B after centre wasn't working.

                          Comment


                          • Suzuki was sent back to junior so it looks like Kotkaniemi will get 9 NHL games at the start of the year.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

                              He was drafted as a centre. Wing was plan B after centre wasn't working.
                              Position doesn't matter. He's a flop. Granted the 2013 draft wasn't that deep but this guy couldn't even make it as a 4th liner.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by coralharbour View Post

                                Position doesn't matter. He's a flop. Granted the 2013 draft wasn't that deep but this guy couldn't even make it as a 4th liner.
                                Its not like he was a first overall pick so I think flop is a bit harsh what was he # 26 overall ? ………………...he is signed for a year so its up to him to prove he can be productive AHLer ……………..he's got the size but he doesn't play physical enough and he is not the fleetest of foot

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X