Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montreal Canadiens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

some youthful exuberance will help win some games that maybe they wouldn't have other wise
    I can appreciate the optimism, you're more hopeful than I am!

Comment

• Montreal is and will be a horrible team for years. Their entitled fans will be flipping out and calling 911 during games as many of them are highly irrational.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iapyi View Post
        Montreal is and will be a horrible team for years. Their entitled fans will be flipping out and calling 911 during games as many of them are highly irrational.
        Thanks for your very helpful and useful analysis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

Thanks for your very helpful and useful analysis.
          Interesting as this is not so much an analysis as an observation. I can appreciate how it's accuracy which indicate analysis and thank you for the compliment.

Comment

I can appreciate the optimism, you're more hopeful than I am!
            The way I see it the Habs were not winning with PK, AG, MP , Markov or Radulov and the only reason they had some playoff success or lack there of was because of the play of CP 31 and then Halak single handily stole the series from the caps and penguins a few years back. Goaltending has put a lot of lipstick on a pig for years in Montreal so as painful as it may seem its time to start over. Love Bergy or hate him he does have the nards to make changes

Comment

• Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

The way I see it the Habs were not winning with PK, AG, MP , Markov or Radulov and the only reason they had some playoff success or lack there of was because of the play of CP 31 and then Halak single handily stole the series from the caps and penguins a few years back. Goaltending has put a lot of lipstick on a pig for years in Montreal so as painful as it may seem its time to start over. Love Bergy or hate him he does have the nards to make changes
              Bergevin is making a change, but itís fixing his own mess so I donít know how much credit I can give him. I was a big Bergevin fan the first few years but the previous ~2 years included lots of mistakes. I am liking the work heís done since he committed to a full-on rebuild.

Comment

Bergevin is making a change, but itís fixing his own mess so I donít know how much credit I can give him. I was a big Bergevin fan the first few years but the previous ~2 years included lots of mistakes. I am liking the work heís done since he committed to a full-on rebuild.
                Except that he doesn't call it a rebuild. Full disclosure let me admit upfront that I went into mourning the day THE TRADE was announced (PK for Weber) and generally regard Bergevin as an arrogant lying sack of me**e who wouldn't know how to build a hockey team in the middle of Siberia (with all due apologies to the many good Siberians reading this). Since that time I have waited patiently for his sorry *** to be fired but as it turns out, his owner is also a complete idiot! I weep for this once great organization who have begun to remind me of the pathetic Leafs organizations of years past that had to resort to showing grainy black and white film of their last Cup win in 1967 to prove their undeniable dominance over the hockey world. I would give anything to have an energized team to cheer on like the current Leafs but have resigned myself to the fact that given that I am now 65, the chances of another Cup for les Glorieux in my lifetime are almost nil. In my opinion no competent rebuild can start without a plan and Bergevin has no clue, let alone a plan. The true rebuild starts when Bergevin is fired Ö..

Please accept my apologies for the rant Ö.. I despise Bergevin but know that my fellow Hab fans have suffered as much or more than I have and there are many opinions out there on how to fix the Titanic

Comment

• Originally posted by johndryden View Post

Except that he doesn't call it a rebuild. Full disclosure let me admit upfront that I went into mourning the day THE TRADE was announced (PK for Weber) and generally regard Bergevin as an arrogant lying sack of me**e who wouldn't know how to build a hockey team in the middle of Siberia (with all due apologies to the many good Siberians reading this). Since that time I have waited patiently for his sorry *** to be fired but as it turns out, his owner is also a complete idiot! I weep for this once great organization who have begun to remind me of the pathetic Leafs organizations of years past that had to resort to showing grainy black and white film of their last Cup win in 1967 to prove their undeniable dominance over the hockey world. I would give anything to have an energized team to cheer on like the current Leafs but have resigned myself to the fact that given that I am now 65, the chances of another Cup for les Glorieux in my lifetime are almost nil. In my opinion no competent rebuild can start without a plan and Bergevin has no clue, let alone a plan. The true rebuild starts when Bergevin is fired Ö..

Please accept my apologies for the rant Ö.. I despise Bergevin but know that my fellow Hab fans have suffered as much or more than I have and there are many opinions out there on how to fix the Titanic
                  I'm not at despise yet but I would have been on board with a firing. I think he doesn't call it a rebuild because fans, especially the Quebecois fans, wouldn't accept it. But if you look at the moves they're making, I don't see how it can be anything but a rebuild.

I also hated the Subban trade and that's when my opinion of Bergevin started to diminish.

Comment

• It was a fun scrimmage to watch yesterday. The speed of the team has picked up considerably. Might make watching the games a little less painful this year. Don't get me wrong, we're still getting a Top 10 pick next draft, but you can see the change in philosophy taking place.

Comment

• Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X