Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montreal Canadiens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montreal Canadiens

Ya friggin Pigeon

Great trade for both teams.
    Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
      Great trade for both teams.
      I'm a little on the fence. Defense took a hit with the loss of sergachev. Overall we do not have a deep group of defensemen (or forwards top end forwards for that matter), so i can see why this trade was made.

Comment

Think Drouin can play center??? Seems to me he makes a better winger.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
          Think Drouin can play center??? Seems to me he makes a better winger.
          Can play both, but primarily a winger
          Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

Can play both, but primarily a winger
            Yeah I think playing wing allows him to be more creative offensively and leave the heavy lifting to someone else. He is certainly talented.

Comment

To get a front line player for a un established rookie is a win for the habs...

Comment

Worst trade that the Habs have made since they traded Ryan McDonagh and others for Scott Gomez. Marc Bergevin has lost his fricken mind.

Comment

wow, habs got a good deal

Comment

I think the Habs did good. Drouin is just coming into his own now. If they can swing a deal to get Las vegas to take Plekanec or Emelin it will look even better. There is no guarantee that Sergechev will ever play in the NHL so TB is taking a gamble. Im sure he will but Drouin is top 6 player that the Habs are missing. Hoping they can sign Radulov as well!

Comment

As it stands right now I think Montreal has the edge, but young future potential d-men are just so damn valuable. A surprisingly fair trade in my mind.

Sergachev-hedman... wow

Comment

A big value for the Bolts is they don't have to protect Sergachev so they free up a spot for someone else now. The Canadiens meanwhile now have to expose a forward that as of yesterday would have been protected.

I'd say player for player the Habs win this as Sergachev hasn't proven anything and Drouin appears ready to be a star in the NHL. The Lightning do however get some much needed cap relief as Drouin's deal is going to be costly and it now allows them to focus on locking up their other skilled forwards.

Comment

Just signed Drouin 6 years 33million. I love this deal for the Habs

Comment

Originally posted by Renegade44 View Post
                            Just signed Drouin 6 years 33million. I love this deal for the Habs
                            It's a good day.

Next thing coming up is the trading of Galchenyuk. Sounds like it's for a D man, but we'll soon find out for sure soon..
                            Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

Sergachev is a very promising defense prospect so I'm not too happy about losing him. But so was Beaulieu and look where he is now. Drouin will add much needed offense but the wings weren't really a problem and while I know Drouin can play centre I don't think that's the best use of his skills. I definitely don't see him centering the first line. Assuming Radulov is re-signed, him and Drouin should be deadly together on the PP. Gotta hope that Sergachev plays the season with TB so that the draft picks aren't swapped.

Overall I'm not sure if I like the trade or not. I have to wait and see what else Bergevin does this summer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X