Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Womans IIHF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Womans IIHF

Finland wins, but USA gets the gold.

Comment

Finland was robbed.
      I wonder what the explanation will be for not allowing the goal by Finland in overtime.

Comment

I got a notification on my phone that they were going to a shootout so I tuned in to watch. Then it was Rod Black endlessly talking about something happening in OT without a single highlight before I had to change the channel.

Comment

Yes, Finland was robbed, can't imagine what would have caused that goal to be overturned. People often complain about RB during the football season. After watching a bit of women's hockey this year I see what they are saying. He needs to go.

Comment

Finland certainly appeared to get robbed. They (Rod Black) said an explanation for the "no goal" ruling would come after the game but it never did - which was frustrating.

Comment

12 minute review to change the call? Garbage call!

Comment

Originally posted by ONE ARMED BANDIT View Post
                Finland was robbed.
                I wonder what the explanation will be for not allowing the goal by Finland in overtime.
                Pretty obvious that #6 for Finland runs over the USA goalie after she made the initial save. Right call, but should have been made immediately. Unfortunate it had to go to a review

Comment

Finns got robbed, goalie was out of the blue paint, both players going for the live puck.
                  Last edited by Not us; 04-14-2019, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Why was there no goaltender interference penalty? Was it CFL officials upstairs making the call? Maybe FIFA ? A bullcrap call!

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post
                      Why was there no goaltender interference penalty? Was it CFL officials upstairs making the call? Maybe FIFA ? A bullcrap call!
                      Iím not going to defend the call, but itís definitely within the rules to call off a goal for goaltender interference and not call a penalty. It happens all the time, way more often than the case when a penalty is called.

Comment

It took 12 minutes to figure out if there was interference? The US Goaltender was out of the crease tripping the Finn and the goal doesn't count....a bogus call! Many in the hockey world see it my way. Whoever made that call should be fired.

Comment

Make the case for no goal

Comment

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/...ment-from-iihf

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
                              Make the case for no goal
                              To me, it seems like this was case iii, and therefore should've been allowed.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X