Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWHL to cease operations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWHL to cease operations

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5078834

This is too bad .

It was bound to happen... way to much pressure to combine those leagues.

Comment

I honestly don't know how you can run a professional League using planes with attendance more in the Junior category. I wish the girls well but unless someone highly subsidizes them I don't see how it works??

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
        I honestly don't know how you can run a professional League using planes with attendance more in the Junior category. I wish the girls well but unless someone highly subsidizes them I don't see how it works??
        Itís very unfortunate, but boys/menís hockey always has and always will be supported financially more then girls/womanís hockey

Comment

The NHL is loaded with $ . They should sponser the women.

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post
            The NHL is loaded with $ . They should sponser the women.
            I get the sentiment but do wonder why should they?

Comment

I get the sentiment but do wonder why should they?
              Doesn't the NBA sponser the WNBA? How many NHL teams actually paid for their own arenas? It wont hurt them to give back once in a while.

Comment

Doesn't the NBA sponser the WNBA? How many NHL teams actually paid for their own arenas? It wont hurt them to give back once in a while.
                They could do that but there is no reason they should? It would make more sense from a should standpoint for nhl teams to give back more to Jr Hockey clubs.

Comment

They could do that but there is no reason they should? It would make more sense from a should standpoint for nhl teams to give back more to Jr Hockey clubs.
                  Yup

Comment

In the interest of the comparison WNBA averages almost 8000 fans per game whole Female Hockey is less than 1000. It would be purely a donation for the NHL while the NBA has a chance to make money.

Comment

I never even heard of the CWHL until I saw the story about it folding on my twitter feed. There was a team in China?

Comment

In the interest of the comparison WNBA averages almost 8000 fans per game whole Female Hockey is less than 1000. It would be purely a donation for the NHL while the NBA has a chance to make money.
                        How many times has the WNBA made $ without the NBA or with for that matter. How many NHL teams pay for their own arena? Pro sport welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post
                          I never even heard of the CWHL until I saw the story about it folding on my twitter feed. There was a team in China?
                          Ya I didnít know about a team in China , how is it the Canadian Womanís hockey with China in it?

Comment

How many times has the WNBA made $ without the NBA or with for that matter. How many NHL teams pay for their own arena? Pro sport welfare.
                            We don't know about WNBA profits as they don't release the info. Toronto paid for it's own arena, not sure how many others? Can you see the difference between a Govt supporting a huge money making enterprise and getting back taxes and economic benefits vs asking a business to support another business that simply cannot come anywhere near existing on it's own?? What percentage of a hockey ticket's price should be set aside for female hockey in your opinion??

Govt subsidizes farming, therefore farmers should be supporting organic backyard gardiners. I bet you find that silly.

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post
                              It was a way for China to try to build a better team for the 2022 Olympics. They had some of the highest attendance in League.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X