Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanuckRider View Post

LOL. The guy is a grade A POS.

If his skin was any other colour he'd be universally condemned.
    LOL at trying to turn this into a race thing

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      Conor McGregor said preposterously offensive things about Khabib, his family members, his religion, and his culture. By the "show respect, get respect" logic doesn't Khabib have the right to respond?
      ​​​​​​
      Maybe Conor McGregor wasn't the ONLY asshole in this (and every other) situation, but he was (and always is) an asshole.
      There is definitely some truth to your comments. Connor is a showman, and does a lot of stuff to sell his fights, including making every fight he is in seem as personal and heated as possible. That's why he makes more than anyone on the roster.

He has also typically been incredibly humble in both victory and defeat talking very highly of his opponent once the fight is done. Comments about Khabib were meant to sell the fight. The dolly through the bus, that was personal due to what Khabib did to start that, by attacking one of Connor's teammates. Khabib also jumped Connor's cornerman. Khabib should have finished it in the ring and left it at that, but on multiple occasions he took it outside of the ring.

Despite that, Connor still spoke highly of Khabib after the fight.

Not you specifically, but a lot of people mistake showmanship, for genuiness, and a lot of people make comments based on headlines only (the poster that was upset about the dolly, but clearly did not know the backstory)

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post

LOL at trying to turn this into a race thing
        I don't have to try, it's true. Do you honestly think a black fighter pulling this **** would be given credit for being a great show man? Not a chance.

The amount of old white guys coming out of the woodwork to cheer him on against Mayweather was comical.

Comment

I don't have to try, it's true. Do you honestly think a black fighter pulling this **** would be given credit for being a great show man? Not a chance.

The amount of old white guys coming out of the woodwork to cheer him on against Mayweather was comical.
          Do you know who Jon Jones is? He snorts coke, has been involved in hit and runs, and done a lot worse stuff than slap a phone out of a guy's hand, yet he remains one of the most popular (and likely only behind Connor in popularity) fighters in UFC, and is one of the biggest sells in event history. So yeah, I 100% believe a black fighter doing **** like this and worse would be one of the most popular fighters in the UFC.

Comment

Do you know who Jon Jones is? He snorts coke, has been involved in hit and runs, and done a lot worse stuff than slap a phone out of a guy's hand, yet he remains one of the most popular (and likely only behind Connor in popularity) fighters in UFC, and is one of the biggest sells in event history. So yeah, I 100% believe a black fighter doing **** like this and worse would be one of the most popular fighters in the UFC.
            Would you believe Jones doesnt have a single PPV in the top 20 selling? Jones DC 2 is #21. He's never gone over 900,000 buys. Love his fights, but he's not even in the same stratosphere as McGregor, Lesnar, or Rousey for selling fights

Comment

Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post

Would you believe Jones doesnt have a single PPV in the top 20 selling? Jones DC 2 is #21. He's never gone over 900,000 buys. Love his fights, but he's not even in the same stratosphere as McGregor, Lesnar, or Rousey for selling fights
              As of now Lesnar and Rousey are nothing but actors in staged phoney baloney fights.

Comment

Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post

That does surprise me, but as of active fighters, other than Conor, who is ahead of Jones? My main point though, was that people are not supporting Conor because he is white, and out to get any black fighter who acts like an ***. Jones remains an incredibly popular fighter, despite doing a lot worse things than Conor ever has.

Comment

That does surprise me, but as of active fighters, other than Conor, who is ahead of Jones? My main point though, was that people are not supporting Conor because he is white, and out to get any black fighter who acts like an ***. Jones remains an incredibly popular fighter, despite doing a lot worse things than Conor ever has.
                  You were proven wrong with a fact and continue to argue your opinion. We'll agree to disagree.

Comment

The guy has fought once in 2 years and has lost two outta his four last fights. He has been arrested multiple times and has injured fighters causing them to cancel fights. He has attacked referees in other events and has constantly used racist, bigotry and homophobic language to promote fights. At one point in his career, he was arguably one of the best all around mma fighters, but honestly, I just donít care about him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Poley For PM View Post
                      The guy has fought once in 2 years and has lost two outta his four last fights. He has been arrested multiple times and has injured fighters causing them to cancel fights. He has attacked referees in other events and has constantly used racist, bigotry and homophobic language to promote fights. At one point in his career, he was arguably one of the best all around mma fighters, but honestly, I just donít care about him anymore.
                      Exactly. He could sell fights without being a bigoted homophobe. A guy can play the heel card in innumerable ways to drum up interest and sell PPV's. But he's an asshole so he sells his fights by being a bigoted homophobic asshole. "I was only being a bigoted homophobic asshole to stir up controversy, but psych, I actually respect the guy I made horrifically offensive comments about," doesn't and shouldn't cut it.

He's also 2-3 in his last 5 if you count the "fight" where Floyd (illiterate, homophobic, domestic abuser asshole) fought with the same intensity and vigor I use when rasslin' with my 4 year old so that he can make another 9 figures in a rematch.
                      Last edited by Andy; 03-14-2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I think Ben Askren could be a new star/heel for ufc. I know he pisses off Dana which is g0od and funny.

Comment

You were proven wrong with a fact and continue to argue your opinion. We'll agree to disagree.
                          LOL what fact was I proven wrong with? That fighters that are no longer in the UFC have higher PPV buys? How does that prove that Jon Jones is not currently one of the most popular fighters on the roster? You are race baiting for no reason, you were proven wrong and went radio silent, until someone else offered some information, that you are now trying to act like proves your original point, which it does not.

Comment

BTW the only current fighters on the roster with higher PPV buys:

Conor (5 of the top 6)
                            Nunes
                            Silva
                            Aldo

Then obviously the people that they fought, but those were the big draw names

After that it is Jones

So yeah a black guy that does coke, steroids, and hit and run a pregnant woman is still a top 5 draw in the UFC, pretty much completely proves your point wrong that a black athlete that gets in trouble would not be popular.

I am a Conor fan, I understand why other people are not, but there is NOTHING racial about people liking Conor. To suggest otherwise is irresponsible at best, the sign of someone incredibly racist, trying to cast a minority group in a bad light at worst.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X