Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Tim Horton's Brier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Tim Horton's Brier

Starts tomorrow with the Wild Card play in game. I'm not expecting a whole lot out of the Saskatchewan team. I'd be surprised if they make it past cut-down day

Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post
    Starts tomorrow with the Wild Card play in game. I'm not expecting a whole lot out of the Saskatchewan team. I'd be surprised if they make it past cut-down day
    This post will apply until the end of time.
    Teaching your father how to kiss since 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Barrett Apologist View Post

This post will apply until the end of time.
      Haha yeah, for a province where curling is almost religion, it's unfortunate that the Men's teams cant compete with the field the way the Women seem to

Comment

Haha yeah, for a province where curling is almost religion, it's unfortunate that the Men's teams cant compete with the field the way the Women seem to
        To be fair, the women have like 2 elite teams and the rest of the field is even. The men have 2 otherworldly, 3 elite and then another 2 that wont win the Brier but would easily medal in the worlds. Tough time for almost any mens team not in that upper echelon that's nearly impossible to reach.
        Teaching your father how to kiss since 1996.

Comment

Looking at the pools I think if Sask play well they have a chance to make it to the championship round but that will be as far as they get!

Comment

When these teams cross provinces to put teams together we need one who is based out of Sask. I guess Dunstone has done that. I use Koe as an example of how they've done the last couple of years. Alberta gets the credit for a team with a front end out of Sask and Ont and now isn't Koe the only one who's originally from AB?

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

When these teams cross provinces to put teams together we need one who is based out of Sask. I guess Dunstone has done that. I use Koe as an example of how they've done the last couple of years. Alberta gets the credit for a team with a front end out of Sask and Ont and now isn't Koe the only one who's originally from AB?
              Koe isn't from Alberta either, he's from Northwest Territories.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

Alberta's whole team is from out of province!

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

Well to be fair, it goes by your province of residency, not where you were born. Geoff Walker is from Beaverlodge, AB and moved to Newfoundland to play with Gushue

Comment

Well to be fair, it goes by your province of residency, not where you were born. Geoff Walker is from Beaverlodge, AB and moved to Newfoundland to play with Gushue
                    I'm aware, simply posting a fact. Walker no longer lives in Newfoundland either.

Comment

Is Ryan Fry back in action?

Comment

Originally posted by rider-in-the-rockies View Post
                        Is Ryan Fry back in action?
                        He is. Sales in the Patch will be booming

Comment

He is. Sales in the Patch will be booming
                          They could rename it the Fryer Patch

Comment

Originally posted by Ike View Post
                            Looking at the pools I think if Sask play well they have a chance to make it to the championship round but that will be as far as they get!
                            X2, although as always I am hoping we make the playoffs. Will need to go 4-3 in Pool A to get to championship round, but realistically need to go 5-2 to have chance of making playoffs as records in the 2 rounds are aggregated in final standings.

That would involve Sask defeating all the mediocre teams in Pool A (NL, PE, QC, and YK) and beating at least one of the three good teams (Jacobs, Carruthers, Botcher).

Start off this afternoon with a tough opponent in MB.

Comment

Saskatchewan gasses it's first game against Manitoba. Muyres was heavy in like the 7th for an open draw for 2.

MacEwan made a great angle rasied takeout in 8 to score 1 and move a sask stone frozen on the button.

Kirk had an open draw to lie 2 with his first stone. He decided to go around cover. Don't know why he did that. He could've just went open. Anyways, he was light and set up an easy short runback double by MacEwan to lie 2. Muyres had to draw for 1

In 10, Saskatchewan made some freezes, Manitoba was lying 1 back 4. There was a pocket to freeze in. Kirk was light on his first, top 8. MacEwan was heavy on his first. Muyres then decided to try to hit shot stone through a port. He wrecked, giving MacEwan the open draw for 2, which he made.

A good chance to beat one of the better teams at the Brier. Up 3-0. But basically pizzed it away.

I think we should be able to proceed past the pool stage, but no farther.

Disappointing, this game was there to be won.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X