Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calgary Flames

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has a pretty good history as a playoff performer, so there is some merit there.

Comment

Originally posted by gilligan View Post
      He has a pretty good history as a playoff performer, so there is some merit there.
      3 points in 21 games???

Comment

Originally posted by greenale View Post

I cant help it as I have now lived in Calgary for 10+ years.....trust me I shower and scrub hard after a night of cheering for them.

I dont cheer for them if it affects the oilers. Unfortunately over the past decade it has not affected the oilers very often.
        I still can't cheer for the Lames and I've lived in or near Calgary 30 years now. Used to be a big habs fan till I moved here and watched them lose to the Flames. So in 90 I decided I'd cheer for whomever could take them out in the Playoffs and have been a Kings fan ever since.
        I do go to a few games a year as i get accessible seating at 1/2 the cost of a regular ticket and the view is pretty good (top of the lower bowl). Most of my friends and my wife, daughter and Grandson are Flame fans.
        So saying that I don't think they'll go far in the playoffs (which I thought would be the case in 04 lol). Their goal tending is suspect and in a playoff run you need your Net minder to stand on his head a lot of nights to get 16 wins, whereas Smith can be very hit or miss and Rittich can be shaky at times too. Of course the post season is a totally different animal and anything can happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

3 points in 21 games???
          Not too mention Kassian has another year at almost $2 million and It's really hard to be a successful NHL team with $2 million 4th liner.

Comment

Beat the damn ducks. Feels nice.

Comment

Flames on a bit of a run.
              Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

Not too mention Kassian has another year at almost $2 million and It's really hard to be a successful NHL team with $2 million 4th liner.
                well he plays on all lines not often on the 4th and yes he would have improved the flames. 2 mil is pretty good value. He is also very good on the PK
                Last edited by greenale; 03-07-2019, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Flames clinch a playoff spot today.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X