Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curling Fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curling Fans

In case you weren't aware that YouTube has you covered

https://youtu.be/fZzihw4ab0o

Reference is to the Sask Tankard menís playdowns which started today in Whitewood.

You can get to the youtube site via the curlsask website as well https://curlsask.ca/ .

Matt Dunstoneís team has to be favored to repeat as champs, I would think.

Seem to be on a bit of a role having won a WCT event in Sweden last week.

Kirk Myures rink ought to be in the running as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose Mountaineer View Post
      Reference is to the Sask Tankard menís playdowns which started today in Whitewood.

You can get to the youtube site via the curlsask website as well https://curlsask.ca/ .

Matt Dunstoneís team has to be favored to repeat as champs, I would think.

Seem to be on a bit of a role having won a WCT event in Sweden last week.

Kirk Myures rink ought to be in the running as well.
      Dunstone is definitely the favourite and would likely be the best rep for Sask at the Brier but Kody Hartung and Myers will be in the mix. Iíd expect 2 of those 3 in the Final on Sunday.

Comment

Two responses. More than I expected

Comment

Originally posted by rjrxs View Post
          Two responses. More than I expected
          To be fair most people ignore the OP.

Comment

Dunstone is in the final at 1:30. Currently Deis/Muyres are on the ice to determine who plays Dunstone. 1-0 Muyres after 1 end.

Comment

Having defeated the Deis team in the semi-final, Muyres rink earns the Brier birth with a 6-5 win over Matt Dunstone on a last rock draw.

Pretty solid team of Kirk and Dallan Muyres and Dan and Kevin Marsh. Should be good provincial reps, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose Mountaineer View Post
                Having defeated the Deis team in the semi-final, Muyres rink earns the Brier birth with a 6-5 win over Matt Dunstone on a last rock draw.

Pretty solid team of Kirk and Dallan Muyres and Dan and Kevin Marsh. Should be good provincial reps, IMO.
                Nice guys but theyíll be lucky to win 5 games at The Brier. First time Skip and 2 other guys with no Brier experience. They just wonít compete with the likes of Gushue, Koe, Jacobs or Carruthers. Saskís best team lost in the Final, but thatís Curling and Muyres team was certainly deserving...I just donít see them competing with the upper echelon teams.

Comment

Glad we don't have to listen to Bottcher's voice at the Brier. My god that guy's team is annoying

Comment

Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post
                    Glad we don't have to listen to Bottcher's voice at the Brier. My god that guy's team is annoying
                    Not so fast - Bottcher and Jon Epping play a 1-game qualifier on the opening night of the Brier with the winner getting in as Team "Wildcard" and the loser going home..

Epping lost THREE TIMES to a relative no-name Team Macdonald in Ontario's provincial finals.

Comment

Laycock will be Third for Team BC, as The Brier Welcomes Back Cotter.

Comment

Originally posted by RP89 View Post

Not so fast - Bottcher and Jon Epping play a 1-game qualifier on the opening night of the Brier with the winner getting in as Team "Wildcard" and the loser going home..

Epping lost THREE TIMES to a relative no-name Team Macdonald in Ontario's provincial finals.
                        Oh that's right. I forgot about the wild card

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X