Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MLB HOF is Dumb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bates View Post
    So you fellas ok with keeping Rockies players out of HOF bases on this advantage? Should we also break it down to hits vs quality of pitcher faced? How far should it go? Numbers only is good by me.
    No, they are every bit as eligible. Coors does elevate most offensive numbers, like hits, doubles, and home runs, so a hitter would definitely have to meet one of the benchmark hitting numbers for their position. For example, a SS may get into the HOF with similar numbers to a guy that played 1B his whole career that is denied entry. Different positions have different expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

If Larry Walker had 3000 hits or 500 hrs he would be in. It is the Hall of Fame not the hall of very good. And yeah I know there are guys in there that shouldn't be.
      Walkers slash line and OPS+ are better than Ken Griffey Jr., David Ortiz and others. Similar to HOF recent inductee Jim Thome. Worse than Barry Bonds

Comment

Originally posted by Buddahboy View Post

Walkers slash line and OPS+ are better than Ken Griffey Jr., David Ortiz and others. Similar to HOF recent inductee Jim Thome. Worse than Barry Bonds
        I have said b4 I think Larry belongs in the Hall

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

I have said b4 I think Larry belongs in the Hall
          I know you said he should be in. I was backing it up with other numbers besides hits and HRs. He totally belongs

Comment

RIP Frank Robinson. Now there was a Hall of Famer no questions asked. Guarantee Frank put up his epic stats without the aid of roids.
            Last edited by Grainshoveler; 02-08-2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X