Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vancouver area sports radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver area sports radio

I know there are a few of us Rider fans who live in and around the Metro Vancouver area. I'm wondering what you all think of the current sports radio scene here. I will check the radio ratings once in a while and there has been a steady decline in ratings by both sports stations (TSN 1040 and Sportsnet 650...TSN 1410 seems to have been converted to Bloomberg radio). SN650 currently has lower ratings than the all traffic station. Considering SN650 broadcasts all Canucks games, it is remarkable that their ratings could be so low.

I hated when 1040 brought Bro Jake on to be the morning drive anchor. He is not funny, and he has zero sports acumen. They finally saw the light and sent him off to do a show on Saturdays. David Pratt has never changed his shtick, but has now added Jason Botchford, formerly of The Province newspaper. Botchford's shtick is even worse than Pratt's: he simply talks over everyone else and then starts shouting.

Do any of you even tune in to either station? What are your likes and/or dislikes?

Originally posted by Don Mega View Post
    I know there are a few of us Rider fans who live in and around the Metro Vancouver area. I'm wondering what you all think of the current sports radio scene here. I will check the radio ratings once in a while and there has been a steady decline in ratings by both sports stations (TSN 1040 and Sportsnet 650...TSN 1410 seems to have been converted to Bloomberg radio). SN650 currently has lower ratings than the all traffic station. Considering SN650 broadcasts all Canucks games, it is remarkable that their ratings could be so low.

I hated when 1040 brought Bro Jake on to be the morning drive anchor. He is not funny, and he has zero sports acumen. They finally saw the light and sent him off to do a show on Saturdays. David Pratt has never changed his shtick, but has now added Jason Botchford, formerly of The Province newspaper. Botchford's shtick is even worse than Pratt's: he simply talks over everyone else and then starts shouting.

Do any of you even tune in to either station? What are your likes and/or dislikes?
    As a Canuck fan I absolutely cannot stand Botchford.

Comment

Originally posted by CanuckRider View Post

As a Canuck fan I absolutely cannot stand Botchford.
      A face for radio, and a voice for newsprint!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Mega View Post

Is Moj still around?

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckT View Post

Is Moj still around?
          Ya, he is on TSN 1040 with Don Taylor. I think from 10-2. He really likes the sound of his own voice too, and I used to hate listening to him, but he's actually one of the better ones on air now in comparison to some of the other duds.

Comment

I mostly listen to 710 from Seattle.

Comment

Little regina doesn’t have sports radio. I like Tsn 690 and the fan 590. Those stations get me through the day.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X