Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 232

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 232

WOW, moving a whole card on 6 days notice to another state.

Wonder about all the lost revenue in Vegas , hotels , bars , restaurants etc , I realize Vegas will be raking in the coin regardless but still!

Comment

Let's go Gus

Comment

Best described as a cluster****. This whole Jones thing is going to put a black eye on the sport. The guy failed 3 tests since his suspension, with the levels increasing with each fail. They're rolling with some made up explanation about "pulsing", but his levels are similar to what he originally was suspended for. Other fighters are coming forward with stories of what USADA explained to them when they failed the drug tests and it's not matching up with the made up BS they're spreading now.

Jones can't be considered in the GOAT category anymore IMO because I don't think he's been clean for a single fight.

Comment

So, who is watching the fights tonight? Bones Jones and AG should be a good one. But, I am picking Jones as I still think he is better than AG whether he is on something or not.

The Cyborg - Nunes fight should also be good. Likely Cyborg's toughest fight but I still see her winning. She is just so powerful.

Comment

I might watch here if I can find a decent link.

https://firstsrowsports.tv/boxing

Comment

Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post
              Best described as a cluster****. This whole Jones thing is going to put a black eye on the sport. The guy failed 3 tests since his suspension, with the levels increasing with each fail. They're rolling with some made up explanation about "pulsing", but his levels are similar to what he originally was suspended for. Other fighters are coming forward with stories of what USADA explained to them when they failed the drug tests and it's not matching up with the made up BS they're spreading now.

Jones can't be considered in the GOAT category anymore IMO because I don't think he's been clean for a single fight.
              From what I've read, the findings (and what they are finding), make it hard for me to think he is actually taking performance enhancing drugs, that you could reasonably argue are improving his chances to win.

Personally, I think it is more of a case that Jones lacks focus and maturity - and he actually harms himself by what he's doing (and taking). In the passed, he's lacked focus in training, and he's lacked focus in preparation. He lacks maturity in being a professional and doing things that pro's do (like ensuring you are 100% clear on what you are ingesting).

Which, to me, makes it all the more incredible how good this guy is. He is head and shoulders above anyone else... as in way, way better than anyone else. He makes great fighters look abysmal. And I find it hard to believe (even if performance enhancing), drugs would have made him that much better than his closest competition.

There is no one out there that holds a candle to this guy... none. What fight is left that really has any interest? I suppose moving up in weight class is really the only thing left for him to do.

Unfortunately, I'm sure he's going to crash and burn before another intriguing fight presents itself.

I thought the Cyborg-Nunez fight was fascinating. Cyborg completing abandoned her recent style of picking her spots and being patient. She reverted back to her old-self where she viewed herself as invisible and being able to walk through anyone. Nunez was awesome... pin-point accurate and made her pay for her aggressiveness. Love to see a rematch there.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X