Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynamite Kid dead at 60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

Bad News was legitimately tough. Was in Montreal Olympics....Judo i think. Its strange watching all those inerviews...Most everyone is dead.
    Bad news and Archie the stomper had a feud going and one ended up stabbing the other with a fork not sure how the fork got in the ring but it did after that the city of Calgary would not allow them to wrestle in the city so the next match was moved to one of the reserves where the city had no say

Comment

Money talks and let the good times roll Ed.

Comment

I remember seeing The Dynamite Kid vs The Cuban Assassin in the old Stampede Wrestling days, classic! RIP
        Last edited by drysaddle; 12-11-2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clambake View Post

I saw an interview with Hulk Hogan about travelling with Bad News and Andre and Andre called Bad News the N word. Bad News demanded the bus pull over and he wanted Andre outside. The whole time Hogan is thinking Bad News has to have a gun because no one has ever talked to Andre like that. Andre finally said sorry. Too funny.

Most wrestlers said it was like men against boys when you fought Andre, you were literally just at his mercy. Good thing he was actually a pretty good guy who didn't take the business that serious. Also the wrestler " Earthquake ", was like that too. You wouldn't want to go off the script with him because he could kill you.
          I remember the guy who became Earthquake getting a ton of press in Canada as he rose quite fast in the Sumo ranks.

Comment

Malfunction at the junction.

Comment

Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

I remember the guy who became Earthquake getting a ton of press in Canada as he rose quite fast in the Sumo ranks.
              I lived with 3 guys that grew up with John Tenta, right at the time he retired from sumo. They were pretty close to him and it was interesting to hear the details of his life in Japan and sumo. A couple of years later, when he returned to North America, it was ,"Wow, that's that guy we were talking about!"

Comment

Originally posted by CooCooCaChew View Post
                Malfunction at the junction.
                No chancy Mr. Veyhelen

Comment

All you beer belly share croppers!!

Comment

Last video of DK I believe. This is from a couple of years ago when he was in a care home. They reunite him with Tiger Mask as their matches are legendary from back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenwall View Post
                      Money talks and let the good times roll Ed.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	01-1077.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	381129

Comment

In the mean time and inbetween time........................Thats it for Stampede Wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	01-1077.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	381129
                          There is a party tonight Ed and your not invited!

Comment

Originally posted by coralharbour View Post

Backstage he was involved in fights with other wrestlers who didn't appreciate being pushed around; while wrestlers are always playing pranks on one another his were more often that not cruel, not funny. He beat his wife & thought it was hilarious to point a pistol at her when she woke up. He had a reputation around Calgary of being an *** in public, pushing people around & picking fights in bars.

He actually talks about his behaviour in his autobiography an in a Highspots documentary.

Pound for pound he was, at his peak, he was one of the best wrestlers ever, just not a pleasant person.
                            Sounds like he is where he belongs now then!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post
                              In the mean time and inbetween time........................Thats it for Stampede Wrestling.
                              I think he said -that it for another addition of Stampede Wrestling - I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

I think he said -that it for another addition of Stampede Wrestling - I think.
                                Edition

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X