Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynamite Kid dead at 60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamite Kid dead at 60

Terrific athlete & by all accounts terrible human being passed away. He had serious health issues for the past couple of decades.

I remember watching him and was always a favourite in the wrestling world. Why d you say a terrible human? I never heard the stories

Comment

Originally posted by inspector7 View Post
      I remember watching him and was always a favourite in the wrestling world. Why d you say a terrible human? I never heard the stories
      Backstage he was involved in fights with other wrestlers who didn't appreciate being pushed around; while wrestlers are always playing pranks on one another his were more often that not cruel, not funny. He beat his wife & thought it was hilarious to point a pistol at her when she woke up. He had a reputation around Calgary of being an *** in public, pushing people around & picking fights in bars.

He actually talks about his behaviour in his autobiography an in a Highspots documentary.

Pound for pound he was, at his peak, he was one of the best wrestlers ever, just not a pleasant person.

Comment

I will have to see if I can pickup a book, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by coralharbour View Post
          Terrific athlete & by all accounts terrible human being passed away. He had serious health issues for the past couple of decades.
          I remember when he first came to stampede wrestling he was a skinny little guy and I believe one of his first tilts was against Dan Kroffat

Comment

Dynamite Kid was known to work real stiff with the new guys. One of Mick Foleys earliest matches when he was just a jobber was against Dynamite and he got three teeth knocked out. Next to Scott Steiner, he was known as one of the worst back stage bullies in the business.

Brett Hart said pound for pound there was none tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Clambake View Post
              Dynamite Kid was known to work real stiff with the new guys. One of Mick Foleys earliest matches when he was just a jobber was against Dynamite and he got three teeth knocked out. Next to Scott Steiner, he was known as one of the worst back stage bullies in the business.

Brett Hart said pound for pound there was none tougher.
              I was checking some interviews of retired guys and alot say that JBLdude was the biggest bully in the room. Apparently if Andre didn't like you you were in for some pain in the ring as well. Apparently one night he was wrestling Bad News Allen and had diarrhea. He sat on Bad News and let er rip...lol...Not much humour for Bad News.

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

I was checking some interviews of retired guys and alot say that JBLdude was the biggest bully in the room. Apparently if Andre didn't like you you were in for some pain in the ring as well. Apparently one night he was wrestling Bad News Allen and had diarrhea. He sat on Bad News and let er rip...lol...Not much humour for Bad News.
                according to hulk Hogan Andres farts were legendary and he took great pride in them

Comment

I hope they don't have folding chairs at the funeral service,....

Comment

Originally posted by Green in Queen City View Post
                    I hope they don't have folding chairs at the funeral service,....
                    could turn into a ring a ding dong dandy if there were

Comment

Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

according to hulk Hogan Andres farts were legendary and he took great pride in them
                      Farting is one thing....but having diarrhea and actually crapping on a dude is another! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

I saw an interview with Hulk Hogan about travelling with Bad News and Andre and Andre called Bad News the N word. Bad News demanded the bus pull over and he wanted Andre outside. The whole time Hogan is thinking Bad News has to have a gun because no one has ever talked to Andre like that. Andre finally said sorry. Too funny.

Most wrestlers said it was like men against boys when you fought Andre, you were literally just at his mercy. Good thing he was actually a pretty good guy who didn't take the business that serious. Also the wrestler " Earthquake ", was like that too. You wouldn't want to go off the script with him because he could kill you.
                        Last edited by Clambake; 12-06-2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

Andre was also known for taking massive poops in other wrestlers Hotel Beds , just very carefully putting the blankets on top of it. Just gross man. The guy could produce a turd the size of a football.

Comment

Dynamite Kid was my favorite wrestler by far. I read his book, bought it on Ebay and really enjoyed it. He was a bully and not a very nice guy most of the time out of the ring. Brett Hart's book was also pretty interesting lots of good stories about Stampede and WWF. I watch a Dynamite Kid match from time to time on youtube. Excellent stuff! Sad to hear of his passing, but he was in pretty rough shape for a long time. RIP Dynamite thanks for the memories!!

Comment

Originally posted by Clambake View Post

I saw an interview with Hulk Hogan about travelling with Bad News and Andre and Andre called Bad News the N word. Bad News demanded the bus pull over and he wanted Andre outside. The whole time Hogan is thinking Bad News has to have a gun because no one has ever talked to Andre like that. Andre finally said sorry. Too funny.

Most wrestlers said it was like men against boys when you fought Andre, you were literally just at his mercy. Good thing he was actually a pretty good guy who didn't take the business that serious. Also the wrestler " Earthquake ", was like that too. You wouldn't want to go off the script with him because he could kill you.
                              Bad News was legitimately tough. Was in Montreal Olympics....Judo i think. Its strange watching all those inerviews...Most everyone is dead.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X