Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 World Juniors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johndryden View Post
    Our kids gave their all and what a game by our goalie ….. lousy luck in the end but overall I thought the Finnish kids were full value for the win. We'll get them next year!!!
    I thought the Finns really carried the play in the 2nd period and couldn't wait for that period to end. But Canada rebounded and played a solid third. A goal like when Leeson went in on the breakaway would have ended it there too, but those are the breaks. The lack of scoring and PP really hurt. I don't follow junior close enough to know if there were any offensively gifted guys who were left off the team, like Steel 2 yrs ago.

Comment

• Only watched one period of the entire tourney. I don't know, but my interest in hockey has just died lately.
      That being said, I saw a tweet from Sid (Tim and Sid) saying people were crapping all over these kids because of the loss. Maybe that's why I'm so turned off of hockey now. It's a bloody game folks! A game played by kids. They aren't curing a disease, stopping climate change or anything important. They are playing a game. The sun rose again this morning and I'm fine with the world. The folks crapping on the kids through social media should maybe take a look in the mirror and judge that image as harshly as they are judging these kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

I'll admit I am stunned at the glee I keep seeing here and elsewhere over the team losing. I feel for the players.....that they sit there and feel like they "let the country down". That overrides any sort of perverse happiness directed at TSN or fans who enjoy the tournament.
        TSN will remind us of the emotion of these players losing infinite times before and during next years tournament. TSN is largely to blame for the pressure these kids feel now.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommy_boy View Post

TSN will remind us of the emotion of these players losing infinite times before and during next years tournament. TSN is largely to blame for the pressure these kids feel now.
          Nonsense. You don’t hear talk of this so-called pressure when they win. I don’t see how TSN is responsible for any pressure.

If the pressure comes from anywhere, it’s from past successes and the expectation that goes with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by lerriuqs View Post

Nonsense. You don’t hear talk of this so-called pressure when they win. I don’t see how TSN is responsible for any pressure.

If the pressure comes from anywhere, it’s from past successes and the expectation that goes with that.
            I was listening to CKRM Sportscage yesterday. I think it was their guest, Flames' broadcaster guy Loubardias, who made a really good point. He said that Canadians have an expectation of winning. The other nations have made some pretty good strides and are making this tourney much more uncertain that Canada will always win.

Personally, I thiink he's right and it's good for the game. I also fear that my Finns will crash and burn tonight. But I've been wrong before.

Comment

I think in some ways lessening the “weight” of the maple leaf on their chest is in order. We don’t need the extreme emotional investment in this tournament that TSN always tries to push. They lost, that’s fine, they’re all still amazing players, and the people who are overly upset about it need to rearrange their priorities a bit.

Comment

TSN has turned this tournament into a world class event that celebrates and showcases the best U 20 players in the world and the best players at this tournament thrive on that pressure and go on to good and sometimes great pro careers.

Who can forget Jordan Eberle's goal to tie the game with 5.4 seconds left or Manny Legacy and Bobby Lou stealing games Canada had no business winning so Canada has had more that their share of puck luck over the years at this tournament and this year unfortunately the Finns and the Swiss found some its hockey it happens ………………….. Canada and these players will recover

Look at the goalie that got lit up by the Finns in the 1/4s in 2016 and was roundly criticized for his play well he just played 3 games of shut out hockey for New Jersey in the NHL ………….. Good players learn from heartache

Comment

• TSN has done nothing but promote the event and done an outstanding job. Its funny how some player's careers peak at that tournament. Im talking to you Dion....lol

Comment

• we get so hyped and over the top that I am not disappointed when we lose. Sometimes losing is a good thing. It has a way of taking air out some inflated egos. We have to understand that they do play some high level hockey in other countries. It's good to see the Davids beating the Goliaths. The Swiss and the Finns are no longer doormats for the other nations.

Comment

• Originally posted by brady View Post
                      we get so hyped and over the top that I am not disappointed when we lose. Sometimes losing is a good thing. It has a way of taking air out some inflated egos. We have to understand that they do play some high level hockey in other countries. It's good to see the Davids beating the Goliaths. The Swiss and the Finns are no longer doormats for the other nations.
                      I think the egos really blew up up after that 14-0 game...No reason to pummel a hapless team like that. Karma is a biatch!

Comment

• Originally posted by brady View Post
                        we get so hyped and over the top that I am not disappointed when we lose. Sometimes losing is a good thing. It has a way of taking air out some inflated egos. We have to understand that they do play some high level hockey in other countries. It's good to see the Davids beating the Goliaths. The Swiss and the Finns are no longer doormats for the other nations.
                        I respect the Finns as they have come a long way but I was in Finland when Canada lost in the 1/4 final in 2016 and the Finns on the street and in the bars afterwards were a-holes so much so that some of our large group returned to the hotel

We stayed in a bar called Molly Malones and the team Canada coaching staff all came in and we all gave Dave Lowery our drunken thoughts of what went wrong ………… and he took it well and good thing as he a solid looking dude

Comment

• Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

I respect the Finns as they have come a long way but I was in Finland when Canada lost in the 1/4 final in 2016 and the Finns on the street and in the bars afterwards were a-holes so much so that some of our large group returned to the hotel

We stayed in a bar called Molly Malones and the team Canada coaching staff all came in and we all gave Dave Lowery our drunken thoughts of what went wrong ………… and he took it well and good thing as he a solid looking dude
                          Yes indeed, some Finns like anyone else can be a-holes. I am sorry about that.

But they won't be driving because even a hint of booze leaves you in prison for a long time to sober up.

Comment

• So I live in the Red Deer area and I've had Rebels season tickets for 10+ years. We're getting the World Junior's here in 2 years, but we're gonna get the "B" pool playing here, so no team Canada games. I'm racking my brain as to whether or not to get the tickets, just waiting to see how much they are going to cost. Would any of you pay the cash to see the "B" pool games?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-bone68 View Post
                              So I live in the Red Deer area and I've had Rebels season tickets for 10+ years. We're getting the World Junior's here in 2 years, but we're gonna get the "B" pool playing here, so no team Canada games. I'm racking my brain as to whether or not to get the tickets, just waiting to see how much they are going to cost. Would any of you pay the cash to see the "B" pool games?
                              A and B pools have little to do with the talent level of the teams they are pooled from the results of the previous tournament ……………… that's why Canada and the US were in different pools this year

BTW Denmark will be relegated after 5 years at the big tournament they are going to be devastated
                              Last edited by goaltender61; 01-04-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post
                                TSN has done nothing but promote the event and done an outstanding job. Its funny how some player's careers peak at that tournament. Im talking to you Dion....lol
                                Jeff Glass and Justin Pogge would fit that mold too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X