Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nylander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjrxs View Post
    I had a Leafs fan tell me that his dad was in on the negotiating. No idea if that is right but if so then , yikes.

If Iím GM, now that he is signed I would be looking to trade in the off season. Likely including high picks. I canít see any sustainability without entry level guys that can contribute. That statistically means high picks. Which means a trade with a bottom feeder. So there you go, got your money and now you are on a bottom feeder. I donít see any scenario where Nylanderís contract impedes the signing of Mathews and Marner.
    Apparently Dubas promised him he would not be traded while he's GM.

Comment

Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post

I disagree. You're seeing a shift between over the hill players being paid big for what they've done in the past and young guys getting paid for what they're projected to do.

Having said that, I think that's an awful lot of money to pay a guy who will top out as a 20 goal scorer
      He's had 20 or more goals in every full season he's played in the NHL, and he's 22 years old. I think he will top out as more than a 20 goal scorer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

Apparently Dubas promised him he would not be traded while he's GM.
        I did read that.
        If it comes down to him or Marner tho? There will be tough decisions made in the off season for sure.

Comment

I did read that.
          If it comes down to him or Marner tho? There will be tough decisions made in the off season for sure.
          It could be a tough promise to keep.

Comment

I donít see a lot of Leafs games, but when I have, Nylander is not looking like a bargain. I know he is good and most likely will come around, but will it be this year? Or has he been better than what I saw and just isnít getting rewarded on the score sheet yet?

Comment

I donít see a lot of Leafs games, but when I have, Nylander is not looking like a bargain. I know he is good and most likely will come around, but will it be this year? Or has he been better than what I saw and just isnít getting rewarded on the score sheet yet?
              There's been lots of head scratching in Leaf land about him. General feeling is he will eventually come around but it has been a process thus far, whether or not he is in complete game shape yet or if he letting the mental pressure get to him. Myself, I don't think he's quite found his legs yet, seems good at the start of the game but seems like he's losing speed as the game goes on.

Comment

I am a Leaf fan and would have let him sit all year before giving him a penny over $6 million. Good luck to Dubas with Marner and Matthews after laying down for Nylander at $7 million per year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

I am a Leaf fan and would have let him sit all year before giving him a penny over $6 million. Good luck to Dubas with Marner and Matthews after laying down for Nylander at $7 million per year.
                  If I was Dubas I would have packaged him up for a defenceman Marner and Mathews are way better players plus it would have got them a pretty good d man

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

If I was Dubas I would have packaged him up for a defenceman Marner and Mathews are way better players plus it would have got them a pretty good d man
                    The were a lot of Leaf fans in the pubs and stuff that I heard talking about packaging him up for a stud stay-at-home D-man.

Comment

Originally posted by drysaddle View Post

The were a lot of Leaf fans in the pubs and stuff that I heard talking about packaging him up for a stud stay-at-home D-man.
                      I dunno, they've already got one playing pretty darn good and for cheap in Hainsey. As a team, they're near the top of the league in goals allowed, so I'm not sure they need to make any quick moves with Nylander for a D man. They'll give him the entire season to come around. Trade him in the offseason if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

I dunno, they've already got one playing pretty darn good and for cheap in Hainsey. As a team, they're near the top of the league in goals allowed, so I'm not sure they need to make any quick moves with Nylander for a D man. They'll give him the entire season to come around. Trade him in the offseason if need be.
                        Hainsey is playing ok but he should not be 1st pairing and is done this year. Somehow need to find a right D???

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

Hainsey is playing ok but he should not be 1st pairing and is done this year. Somehow need to find a right D???
                          Just looked him up, he's sitting at a pretty nice +25 at the moment.

Patience with Nylander IMO.

Comment

We're talking about the leafs here, lol

Comment

Maybe take a look at when they play the League's top teams??? I'd be plus 25 playing with those forwards and Rielly. The chances of the Leaf's moving past the 1st round of the playoffs depends on having better options than Hainsey and Zaitsev as right D.

Comment

I'm ok with Nylander the player but the Leaf's simple can't afford to be paying $7 million to at best their 6th or 7th most important player.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X