Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Unpopular Sports Takes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny Barrett Apologist View Post
    Burn this forum to the ground. Use it to slander athletes and run away or just start nerd fightin.

MLB:

2. Steroid use is irrelevant and Barry Bonds is the greatest batter of all time.
    This is one I've believed for the last 20 years. Still have to make solid contact with the ball to get a hit. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in any sport

Comment

I dont know. Draymond would have Bill Laimbeer in the figure 4 screaming for mercy.

Oh I got Marvel takes but the "Pop Culture Opinions someone might stab you over" thread would be better suited for the bottom of the ocean.
      Charles Oakley would use Draymond Green for toilet paper. Also, there is no way that Draymond could have taken out Laimbeer. Draymond's go-to is the shot to the nutz. Everyone knows Laimbeer didn't have any! .

For a crazy take, Gretzky would score maybe 50 points a season in the current NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by footballisgood View Post

Charles Oakley would use Draymond Green for toilet paper. Also, there is no way that Draymond could have taken out Laimbeer. Draymond's go-to is the shot to the nutz. Everyone knows Laimbeer didn't have any! .

For a crazy take, Gretzky would score maybe 50 points a season in the current NHL.
        Gretzky slick Jordan Eberle in today's league.

Watching the Brier sucks because the mens teams are boring and near automatic. The Scotties has 4 point leads that can disappear in a minute and is far more exciting.
        Please be my new father.

Comment

Originally posted by gersh View Post

This is one I've believed for the last 20 years. Still have to make solid contact with the ball to get a hit. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in any sport
          and they were pitching around him something fierce, but he still managed to jack them. Yeah, he cheated, but wow, that is still an amazing accomplishment.

All things being equal, if steroids were not in the league at all, Barry Bonds would probably still be the best batter of all time. I think McWire would have been a nobody though.

Comment

Dez did not catch it, and the failmary was an interception, and Clay Matthews did nothing wrong!!!

Comment

Steroids in baseball is an interesting debate. I think the batters received benefits from steroids, but they were also disadvantaged because many of the pitchers they faced were also on steroids.

It's kind of like the Tour de France, I find it difficult to strip someone of his title when his competition was also on steroids. For example, Lance Armstrong was stripped of his 2000 title, but 2nd through 9th place were also implicated in steroid scandals.

Comment

Gretzky slick Jordan Eberle in today's league.

Watching the Brier sucks because the mens teams are boring and near automatic. The Scotties has 4 point leads that can disappear in a minute and is far more exciting.
                Mike Vernon and Grant Fuhr would have 9.00 GAA in todays NHL

Comment

Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

Mike Vernon and Grant Fuhr would have 9.00 GAA in todays NHL
                  Brodeur without the trap would be a less ugly Corey Schneider.
                  Please be my new father.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

and they were pitching around him something fierce, but he still managed to jack them. Yeah, he cheated, but wow, that is still an amazing accomplishment.

All things being equal, if steroids were not in the league at all, Barry Bonds would probably still be the best batter of all time. I think McWire would have been a nobody though.
                    The season he set the HR record wasn't even his best season and that just hurts my brain. 2004 was a thing of beauty.
                    Please be my new father.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

McGwire's early years before steroids prove you wrong. He admits using them after his early injuries but if he hadn't injured his foot and remained healthy he would have still put up excellent home run numbers. He set a rookie record of 49 homers before he started using steroids.

Barry Bonds without his 'Flax Seed Oil' probably would have been a good a player like his dad, Bobby Bonds, but not the greatest of all time.

Comment

Roy Shivers was the most important executive there Riders ever had. He changed the mindset of the franchise from loveable losers to wwe can do this.

Comment

Originally posted by gersh View Post

Still have to make solid contact but without roids alot of hrs would have been warning track outs and singles would have been ground outs. It is amazing the head size growth of Bonds and others through the years on the juice. I rember when Conseco outed everybody and many called bs on him. He was right all along.

Comment

Without Tom Brady, Bill Belichick is just a less successful Tom Coughlin.
                            Please be my new father.

Comment

Without Tom Brady, Bill Belichick is just a less successful Tom Coughlin.
                              Now you are just talking silly..... Tom Coughlin will be a HOF coach I think. He won 2 superbowls with Eli so Tom is not terrible, but he's no BB>

Comment

Riders trade for Charleston Hughes should have been for Brandon Bridge, not Vernon Adams. Rider season ends a week later if that trade is different.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X