Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Unpopular Sports Takes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Unpopular Sports Takes

Burn this forum to the ground. Use it to slander athletes and run away or just start nerd fightin.

MLB:

1. Babe Ruth would be the equivalent of Adam Dunn in any era of 1980-2018 baseball.

2. Steroid use is irrelevant and Barry Bonds is the greatest batter of all time.

NBA:

1. The current Warriors dynasty would run every other championship team off the court in a 7 game series.

2. Bill Russell is the only old era player in any league who would still be all NBA caliber.

NFL:

1. Aaron Rodgers was smart enough to win a SB early so we can't call out his recent playoff stinkers.

2. Randy Moss is the greatest WR of all time and Jerry Rice might not even crack top 5.
    Please be my new father.

I forgot NHL:

We shouldn't recognize Stanley Cups won prior to the 05 season so that the Devils and Habs can't claim any. This will not effect the Canucks for some reason though.
    Please be my new father.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Barrett Apologist View Post
      Burn this forum to the ground. Use it to slander athletes and run away or just start nerd fightin.

MLB:

1. Babe Ruth would be the equivalent of Adam Dunn in any era of 1980-2018 baseball.

2. Steroid use is irrelevant and Barry Bonds is the greatest batter of all time.

NBA:

1. The current Warriors dynasty would run every other championship team off the court in a 7 game series.

2. Bill Russell is the only old era player in any league who would still be all NBA caliber.

NFL:

1. Aaron Rodgers was smart enough to win a SB early so we can't call out his recent playoff stinkers.

2. Randy Moss is the greatest WR of all time and Jerry Rice might not even crack top 5.
      The current Warriors team would all be on injured reserve by the end of a 7 game series against teams from the 80s and early 90s. Especially if you called fouls by those standards and not today's standards.

However, there is no way those teams from the 80s and 90s could stick with GS shooting 3s all day.

Not a sports hot take, but my hot take that gets people worked up:

Kill Monger is the hero and Black Panther is the villain in Black Panther.

Kill Monger was of royal blood, and was abandoned by Wakanda. He fought daily to survive. T'Challa was born with a silver spoon in his month and never wanted for anything growing up, and being seen as the king in waiting.

T'Challa won his kingdom through the fighting that is the traditional way Wakanda chooses their king. Kill Monger came in, and only requested the same right, to fight for the throne. He won, fair and square, even trying to spare T'Challa's life. By Wakanda law, he took the throne the right way.

His goal as king was to share the technology that Wakanda had with the many poor nations in Africa, to help better the lives of everyone on the continent, that are largely living in poverty. T'Challa wanted to continue to hide the technology that could save so many lives, and herd it only for those of Wakandan ascent.

T'Challa rounded up a group of terrorists, to try and kill the rightfully sitting king of Wakanda and illegally took back the thrown. T'Challa is the real villain.

Comment

No team or Player from the 80's are as good as the best team's or players of today. We are a far more advanced species.

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post

The current Warriors team would all be on injured reserve by the end of a 7 game series against teams from the 80s and early 90s. Especially if you called fouls by those standards and not today's standards.

However, there is no way those teams from the 80s and 90s could stick with GS shooting 3s all day.

Kill Monger was of royal blood, and was abandoned by Wakanda. He fought daily to survive. T'Challa was born with a silver spoon in his month and never wanted for anything growing up, and being seen as the king in waiting.

T'Challa won his kingdom through the fighting that is the traditional way Wakanda chooses their king. Kill Monger came in, and only requested the same right, to fight for the throne. He won, fair and square, even trying to spare T'Challa's life. By Wakanda law, he took the throne the right way.

His goal as king was to share the technology that Wakanda had with the many poor nations in Africa, to help better the lives of everyone on the continent, that are largely living in poverty. T'Challa wanted to continue to hide the technology that could save so many lives, and herd it only for those of Wakandan ascent.

T'Challa rounded up a group of terrorists, to try and kill the rightfully sitting king of Wakanda and illegally took back the thrown. T'Challa is the real villain.
          I dont know. Draymond would have Bill Laimbeer in the figure 4 screaming for mercy.

Oh I got Marvel takes but the "Pop Culture Opinions someone might stab you over" thread would be better suited for the bottom of the ocean.
          Please be my new father.

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post

Good stuff. I think many of these themes were deliberate in the movie.

My movie hot hot take is that in the first Indiana Jones, Indy failed in pretty much every endeavor he undertook.

Comment

Ken Miller is the most over rated coach in Rider history.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheathead View Post
                Ken Miller is the most over rated coach in Rider history.
                This take is the right amount of spice. It's not ghost pepper hot but it's a good flavour and sure to upset a few bowels
                Please be my new father.

Comment

Darian Durant was a better QB than Ron Lancaster. Do Not @ me.
                  Please be my new father.

Comment

Baseball is boring

Comment

Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post
                      Baseball is boring
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ug7Hv7VpVOY

Comment

Soccer is fun to play and watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
                          Soccer is fun to play and watch.
                          A wise and normally sensible take but given the province this forum is based in, a definite subway jalapeno spiciness.
                          Please be my new father.

Comment

The Stompin Tom hockey song is annoying

Comment

Tiger is the greatest golfer of all time

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.