Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Blue jays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tropicthunder View Post
    438 feet for Vladdy
    Looked like he hardly swung and it goes way over the CF wall. Maybe he'll get in a bit of a groove here.

2 for 2 now.

Comment

• Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Comment

• 451 footer. Yeah, I guess he can hit a bit.

Comment

• It begins
          Don't do it

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty c View Post

Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
            His bat speed is awesome
            Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post
              451 footer. Yeah, I guess he can hit a bit.
              He hits dingers like Big Al ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

His bat speed is awesome
                I had read he hit a foul ball with the highest speed ever recorded at 118 or something like that.

Comment

• Who’s you Vladdy?

Comment

I had read he hit a foul ball with the highest speed ever recorded at 118 or something like that.
                    120 mph. Like it says in post 482

Comment

• Whoops
                      incorrect thread.

Sorry about that

Comment

• Originally posted by goriders99 View Post

120 mph. Like it says in post 482
                        Ah, there, but this was in reference to a previous game. Looks like he beat his own record though.

I don't think we've seen bat speed like this before. AS long as he can keep that up, because to be honest, he doesn't have the "prettiest" swing in the world, and if he loses those MPH and those towering homers become warning track fly balls, well,

bah, thats pretty pessimistic, no need to talk like that. Just enjoy watching him while we can.

Comment

• Sanchez ......finger problems again , wonder if he can throw a one seamier fastball

Comment

Ah, there, but this was in reference to a previous game. Looks like he beat his own record though.

I don't think we've seen bat speed like this before. AS long as he can keep that up, because to be honest, he doesn't have the "prettiest" swing in the world, and if he loses those MPH and those towering homers become warning track fly balls, well,

bah, thats pretty pessimistic, no need to talk like that. Just enjoy watching him while we can.
                            Exactly. Everyone wants to temper expectations but I say **** it, I'm gonna enjoy this!
                            Don't do it

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicthunder View Post

Exactly. Everyone wants to temper expectations but I say **** it, I'm gonna enjoy this!
                              Enjoy it. He's going to be a great hitter, there is no question about that.

I think there are really only two questionable things about his career. Where is he going to play long term? There is no questioning his arm strength, it would play anywhere, his mobility/fielding is the issue. The other question is how long he will remain a Blue Jay.

Comment

• Originally posted by lester View Post

Enjoy it. He's going to be a great hitter, there is no question about that.

I think there are really only two questionable things about his career. Where is he going to play long term? There is no questioning his arm strength, it would play anywhere, his mobility/fielding is the issue. The other question is how long he will remain a Blue Jay.
                                Jays have long term control on him currently, as a fan there is no reason to worry about if he will leave at this point in time. Let’s see how he develops, how the team develops, how they contend, who ends up being the manager in a couple years, and then we can start worrying about whether he is going to stay or not.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X