Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Blue jays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

Yeah....if somebody isnt pulling their weight now is the time to move them. I like Russ but that is alot to pay a possible back up catcher if you can trade him for a young. Asset.
    I'd wait til July and hope these guys increase their value. Not a single roster player over 25 has any significant trade value right now.
    Teaching your father how to kiss since 1996.

Comment

Yeah....if somebody isnt pulling their weight now is the time to move them. I like Russ but that is alot to pay a possible back up catcher if you can trade him for a young. Asset.
      A couple of weeks ago on the Friday roundtable on Bob McCown's show, one of the baseball guys said that there are a few teams interested in Martin, but the Jays would have to pay about $15M of his $20M salary, which they wouldn't be opposed to, if they got a good young prospect back. So, you never know!!

Comment

Sell them all and rebuild. Stroman (if you can get much of anything for him) is better than average at his best, and he hasn't been at his best in years. Sanchez can get something (if he's not on the DL) back and he's not going to re-sign with a rebuilding team in the AL East.

Aside from Vlad Jr., there are exactly zero players on the likely opening day roster that a guy can get excited about. Fill the cupboard and start again.

Comment

I'm definitely not sad about Solarte. We're hoping Stro and Sanchez get back to form and there's no guarantee of that. Could be a total disaster if they don't, will only be a moderate disaster if they do.

I'm just looking forward to watching the kids play, especially Vlad of course. Really might be a generational player.
          Don't do it

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
            Sell them all and rebuild. Stroman (if you can get much of anything for him) is better than average at his best, and he hasn't been at his best in years. Sanchez can get something (if he's not on the DL) back and he's not going to re-sign with a rebuilding team in the AL East.

Aside from Vlad Jr., there are exactly zero players on the likely opening day roster that a guy can get excited about. Fill the cupboard and start again.
            You can't fill the cupboard until any of these guys have any trade value which means hoping last year was an unusual down year and waiting til July. The Donaldson return in August is more than any current opening day guy would fetch.

Stroman might bounce back. Sanchez might stay healthy. Giles might be good again. It's not worth moving them for nothing now when you either get nothing or potentially something for them later. After the JD debacle they can't afford to screw up another potential big trade.
            Teaching your father how to kiss since 1996.

Comment

Too me Stroman seems like a self centered drama queen. But who knows maybe he grows up.

Comment

Too me Stroman seems like a self centered drama queen. But who knows maybe he grows up.
                I'd use openers in front of Stroman and Sanchez all year. They throw 3-4 good innings after someone gets the first 1-2 and then they could pitch every 3 or 4 days. It might help their durability, i just don't see them as 6-7 inning pitchers anymore.

Borucki is good, and I would use a couple vets to round it out. Reid-Foley, Pannone, and Thornton should all start games at some point this year and there is potential there for sure. It'll be fun to see how this year goes in the rotation, pitching was supposed to be a strength last year but the back half with all of the kids was way more fun than the front half of the year with all the vets.

Comment

For some reason I followed him on instagram a while back, and even though he probably has one of the more annoying feeds out there, I stuck with it, just so I could have him annoy me more... I think your initial assessment is right. Trade him please, although perhaps his value will go up if he can get his era out of the 5's.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

For some reason I followed him on instagram a while back, and even though he probably has one of the more annoying feeds out there, I stuck with it, just so I could have him annoy me more... I think your initial assessment is right. Trade him please, although perhaps his value will go up if he can get his era out of the 5's.
                    I agree about Stro-show. Put him in a package, trade him. His value is not likely to increase now.

Comment

Back in the summer on one of the talk shows, one of the beat writers for the Jays was talking about Stroman and he made it very obvious that he was not a fan of the kid and didn't like his "big league" attitude. Part of what he talked about was the corner of the dressing room that some of the reporters called the "Malcontent Corner" and it included Stroman, Tulo, and a couple of others that I can't remember. I have said before that he needs to concentrate more on getting batters out by being a good pitcher than trying to trick them with all of his different deliveries and such.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post

Back in the summer on one of the talk shows, one of the beat writers for the Jays was talking about Stroman and he made it very obvious that he was not a fan of the kid and didn't like his "big league" attitude. Part of what he talked about was the corner of the dressing room that some of the reporters called the "Malcontent Corner" and it included Stroman, Tulo, and a couple of others that I can't remember. I have said before that he needs to concentrate more on getting batters out by being a good pitcher than trying to trick them with all of his different deliveries and such.
                        Yep, its as simple as locating his fastball. But then again, I've always been skeptical of a 5'10 fastball pitcher. He's already trying to mess around with breaking balls because his fastball alone won't do it anymore. Not a good sign. He's high on confidence, and figures he can get there onhis "height doesn't measure heart" (HDMH is his 'brand" or some such nonsense.) What does get measured though, is your ERA and other pitching metrics, and those are all trending in the wrong direction for him.

Comment

Yep, its as simple as locating his fastball. But then again, I've always been skeptical of a 5'10 fastball pitcher. He's already trying to mess around with breaking balls because his fastball alone won't do it anymore. Not a good sign. He's high on confidence, and figures he can get there onhis "height doesn't measure heart" (HDMH is his 'brand" or some such nonsense.) What does get measured though, is your ERA and other pitching metrics, and those are all trending in the wrong direction for him.
                          He's 5'8" on a good day.

Comment

Jays release Tulo

Comment

Guess he can hold the couch down and count his $38 mil

Comment

Pretty sad that even with retained salary, his contract was untradeable

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X