Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Blue jays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greenwall View Post

He reminds me of prince Fielder too , just look at their pics when they were kids and how big they were. I hope Vladdy has a good long career .
    Yes a long and successful career. Hope he isn't just remembered as Vlad the Inhaler!

Comment

• Originally posted by gersh View Post

I'm guessing most would be thinking and hoping the bar would be higher for Vlad Jr..
      Winning 3 silver sluggers and missing just 13 games in his first 9 full seasons (averaging 31 dingers a year) is a pretty solid "underdeliver".
      Teaching your father how to kiss since 1996.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Barrett Apologist View Post

Winning 3 silver sluggers and missing just 13 games in his first 9 full seasons (averaging 31 dingers a year) is a pretty solid "underdeliver".
        I'm not saying he didn't have an excellent career - he put up amazing numbers, but he had to retire at age 32 because of physical issues...right when most MLB players are in their prime. And those physical issues were likely not helped by being over weight. That's what I'm getting at. Hopefully Vlad Jr. doesn't go down that same path and can veer down one similar to a player like Albert Pujols.

Comment

• Originally posted by gersh View Post

I'm not saying he didn't have an excellent career - he put up amazing numbers, but he had to retire at age 32 because of physical issues...right when most MLB players are in their prime. And those physical issues were likely not helped by being over weight. That's what I'm getting at. Hopefully Vlad Jr. doesn't go down that same path and can veer down one similar to a player like Albert Pujols.
          That would mean Vlad Jr. is actually 25 right now then...

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post

That would mean Vlad Jr. is actually 25 right now then...
            Haha..well if he can still produce well deep into his 40's like AP is or has, then everyone will be happy
            Last edited by gersh; 03-05-2019, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Hmmmmmm he missed some time last year due to injury. Jays need to monitor him closely, don't want all that tallent going to waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by CooCooCaChew View Post
                  Hmmmmmm he missed some time last year due to injury. Jays need to monitor him closely, don't want all that tallent going to waste.
                  He needs to lose 20-30lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

Definitely!
                    All the roly poly guys would be better with improved fitness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

I think the listed weight of 250lbs is being generous. He definitely needs to get his weight under control if he wants to have a long career.

He's made the service time issue easy for the Jays. He's had a crappy spring so far and now he's hurt. There's no way we see him before May 1 now.

Comment

• Meanwhile it seems Bichette might be stealing some of the Vladdy thunder, having a great spring training so far.

Comment

• 5 buck beers at jays games this year.

Comment

5 buck beers at jays games this year.
                            HEY RIDERS! Yea right.

Comment

5 buck beers at jays games this year.
                              Free beer for all Jay's post-season games as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by drysaddle View Post

Free beer for all Jay's post-season games as well?
                                Hope so.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X