Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Blue jays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Blue jays

Pretty close to 19 anyway......Ihear Donaldson signed a 1 year $23 mil deal with Braves.

Risky move for the Braves. The success of the deal depends on if Donaldson's shoulder is back to normal.

Jays finish 45 games out of 1st in 2019. Yawn

Comment

Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post
      Risky move for the Braves. The success of the deal depends on if Donaldson's shoulder is back to normal.

Not really a risky move at all. Its a high AAV contract, but it is a 1yr contract. It is pretty much all upside in this day and age because there are so many dead contracts in baseball that pretty much every team is carrying an albatross somewhere. Atlanta has gotten out of all of theirs. Here they spend a lot of money, but it is gone in one year if it doesn't work. if it does they work on a longer term extension. if it does it gives them a leader for a young team (same reason they signed Brian McCann), who plays upper level defence, and protected Freddie Freeman in the 5 spot.

Comment

Donaldson deal was great for both sides. He gets a chance to stay healthy and get that long term deal. Braves get a potential allstar and if the team regresses (possible), a nice trade chip in July.
        Teaching your father how to kiss since 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddahboy View Post

Not really a risky move at all. Its a high AAV contract, but it is a 1yr contract. It is pretty much all upside in this day and age because there are so many dead contracts in baseball that pretty much every team is carrying an albatross somewhere. Atlanta has gotten out of all of theirs. Here they spend a lot of money, but it is gone in one year if it doesn't work. if it does they work on a longer term extension. if it does it gives them a leader for a young team (same reason they signed Brian McCann), who plays upper level defence, and protected Freddie Freeman in the 5 spot.
          Pretty much the way i c it.

Comment

Ideal (realistic) Jays Rotation

Stroman
            Sanchez
            Trevor Cahill (2 year, 24 mil)
            Tyson Ross OR Lance Lynn (1 year, 8 mil)
            Borucki/Reid Foley/Random trash nobody

Nothing flashy but a definite improvement over last years. I'd rather Morton/Keuchel but I dont think that's happening. If things dont go smoothly it's a rotation you aren't married too and can flip for an average prospect and hope for the best.

As for the lineup, ship out Teoscar since he can't field and Tellez/Morales have DH locked up.

Trade Travis for something.

Sign Josh Harrison as the "Solarte" role and he won't cost too much.

C- Jansen
            1B- Smoak
            2B- Harrison
            3B- VLAD
            SS- Lourdes
            LF- McKinney
            CF- Pillar
            RF- Grichuck
            DH- Morales

Bench- Martin, Tellez, Dwight Smith JR, Drury

Best Case- Potential WC spot at least
            competitive into September

Worst Case- Some of Pillar, Stroman, Smoak, Grichuck go for assets, rebuild fully underway.
            Teaching your father how to kiss since 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post

Yeah I don't see the Jays competing much this year, but it should be at least more fun to watch this year, because rather than trotting out a bunch of replacement level vets, the team will be filled with young guys that can develop into the future core of the team. There are going to be growing pains, and at times it will be frustrating to watch, but should see a lot of young guys that will hopefully be long term Jays.

Comment

Jays not bringing Solarte back - he will be a FA - too bad he was one of my favorite players on last year’s squad

Comment

In the running for Keuchel?

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post
                    Jays not bringing Solarte back - he will be a FA - too bad he was one of my favorite players on last year’s squad
                    Ill never forget listening to the huge day he had at the plate this spring on the radio. Got to pull for that guy after the tough hand he was dealt in life!

Comment

Wow I never thought I would read compassion for Solarte on here. He had a decent few weeks at the plate but by mid season had no hussle on the bases and was borderline unplayable in field.

His only redeeming quality on the diamond was that he’d turn on one every few weeks.

****ty personal circumstances for sure. Hope he can figure it out as he should be a really valuable piece in today’s MLB.

Comment

It wouldnt hurt my feelings if Pillar was gone. Too many tv catches and selfish play to go along with diminished ability.

Comment

Luis Revera is one of the first coaches I would have punted, and he's one of two left standing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post
                            It wouldnt hurt my feelings if Pillar was gone. Too many tv catches and selfish play to go along with diminished ability.
                            I wouldn't be sad either. No sacred cows on this team save for the youngsters. Stroman, I just don't know. A 5.54 ERA and he acts like he's in the 2's. Sanchez can't stay healthy, which is a bigger disappointment, he was so promising. Travis, same deal.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

I wouldn't be sad either. No sacred cows on this team save for the youngsters. Stroman, I just don't know. A 5.54 ERA and he acts like he's in the 2's. Sanchez can't stay healthy, which is a bigger disappointment, he was so promising. Travis, same deal.
                              Yeah....if somebody isnt pulling their weight now is the time to move them. I like Russ but that is alot to pay a possible back up catcher if you can trade him for a young. Asset.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X