Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamie Koe's rink turfed from bonspiel for behavioural problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve04 View Post

Where did I say that at all? I said that people show intoxication differently, and also that someone is technically intoxicated after one sip. However you would not cut someone off after one sip. I understand the signs of intoxication, probably a lot better than you do.

What I did say is that the SLGA guidelines you pointed out are unclear, as they do not define what level of intoxication someone needs to be at to not be served. Servers are not running around taking BA levels of their patrons. To say don't serve someone that is intoxicated is unclear, because technically as soon as you have a sip of alcohol you are intoxicated.

Calling for someone's job when you don't understand the laws, and were not there to witness the situation is unfair, and just because you read a brochure on SLGA's website hardly makes you an expert.
    Lol, ok, I won't bother getting pulled into your vortex.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
      Don't suppose you fellas noticed this was in Alberta so SLGA rules really don't matter.
      I was just about to mention this.

Comment

Also, the bar did cut them off at some point, according to the manager of the club.

Comment

Originally posted by The_G View Post

Lol, ok, I won't bother getting pulled into your vortex.
          It's not a vortex, I have worked in that industry as a server, bartender, and manager for 15 + years and still work a few nights a week in the industry. I guarantee I know the practical application of liquor laws much more than you do after your browsed a brochure on a website.

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post

It's not a vortex, I have worked in that industry as a server, bartender, and manager for 15 + years and still work a few nights a week in the industry. I guarantee I know the practical application of liquor laws much more than you do after your browsed a brochure on a website.
            So something similar to speed limits, merely a suggestion in terms of strictness and a minor slap on the wrist for infractions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

So something similar to speed limits, merely a suggestion in terms of strictness and a minor slap on the wrist for infractions.
              Unless you are serving minors alcohol, or someone gets seriously hurt, it is very unlikely that you would ever get penalized for overserving someone over the course of the night. Focus is much more on how much is in front of someone at any given time, and making sure that IDs are being checked. If people are not fighting, passed out, puking all over your establishment, and you are taking all due care to make sure that safe transportations options (cabs, DD) are being offered, you aren't going to get fined because some guy is tipsy and a little loud.

At the end of the day it comes down to the fact that everyone handles intoxication differently, and that severs are not checking blood alcohol content. Someone can seem completely fine and be pissed drunk, whereas someone can seem hammered, and they are just a spaz of a person on their first drink. There is provincial certification (Serve It Right Saskatchewan) which is required to serve alcohol, and most establishments have their own training and guidelines as well. The more experience you have, the better you get at figuring out who needs to be cut off, and who is just having a good time, but is not a danger to themselves or others.

Comment

Originally posted by The_G View Post

I don't know how to link it from my phone, but I've already posted this in response to pappcam. Google Sask liquor laws, first hit should be called something like everything you need to know about Sask liquor laws. Go to page 7. On page seven the very first thing it says is that it is illegal to serve someone to the point of intoxication, then gives indicators of intoxication, slurred speech, decreased motor skills, etc. I would assume Alberta would have similar laws. So again the law disagrees with you.
                I can guarantee you, mostly from personal experience, that every bartender and server in the world violates this "law"

Comment

Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post

I can guarantee you, mostly from personal experience, that every bartender and server in the world violates this "law"
                  Somehow that makes it ok?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X