Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flames - Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flames - Predictions

Flames fan here. As bad as the Oilers have been, the Flames havenít fared much better. IMO, the team can look good in regular season games, but when tight play-off hockey starts, they lack toughness.

My prediction is the Flames rely on Smith too much again this year and might make the first round of the play-offs. I think Treliving will be in the hot seat if the Flames donít do much again this year.

Any others predictions for this yearís Flames?

Flames will make the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
      Flames will make the playoffs
      Agreed, the Flames will make the playoffs.

To the OP, lack of toughness has nothing to do with the Flames lack of playoff success.

Comment

Originally posted by kcountry View Post

Agreed, the Flames will make the playoffs.

To the OP, lack of toughness has nothing to do with the Flames lack of playoff success.
        I sure hope you are right. Iíll stick with my lack of toughness quote until I see Trelivingís team make it past the first round of play-offs.

Comment

98 points but barely sneaks into the playoffs in the bloodbath that is the west

Comment

No way the Flames make the playoffs. Vegas, San Jose, Edmonton and LA ahead of them. And even then I still see maybe both wild card spots going to the Central.

Comment

Originally posted by CanuckRider View Post
              No way the Flames make the playoffs. Vegas, San Jose, Edmonton and LA ahead of them. And even then I still see maybe both wild card spots going to the Central.
              Actually I might change my opinion and agree with this. The two wildcard spots are very likely both taken up by central teams.
              winnipeg, dallas, nashville, minnesota, st louis should all make playoffs and colorado could improve further.
              is Calgary top 3 in the Pacific? It'll be close but I'm not so sure

Comment

Oilers wonít be ahead of the Flames imo

Comment

Depends entirely on Mike Smith being able to stay healthy. None of their backups last year played well at all when he got hurt, and I think he rushed back and he himself played terrible in the tail end of the season.

Comment

Oilers wonít be ahead of the Flames imo
                    Yeah I hate both teams but on paper they should be but I'm willing to concede after only two games the Oil looks very bad again this year.

Comment

Yeah I hate both teams but on paper they should be but I'm willing to concede after only two games the Oil looks very bad again this year.
                      Yup , they are lots of problems in oil country . Imo The Flames have stability

Comment

Yup , they are lots of problems in oil country . Imo The Flames have stability
                        They just had a coaching change in the off season.

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post

They just had a coaching change in the off season.
                          True , they did but from watching both teams play so far this season the flames look like the better team between the two , yes it is early and yes the Oilers have only played 2 games . Itís a long season so we will see . Go Habs !

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X