Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That MacKinnon is a pretty good hockey player.

Comment

• The pace of the Flames-Avs game tonight is unbelievable thus far. No defense either way and both teams goalies have been outstanding. Wide open game. Flames are making the Avs look like cup contenders.

Comment

• The Flames gotta figure out how to stop the Avalanche from getting 50 shots in a game. Definitely pro Flames commentary between periods. All the analysis is either how good the Flames are playing or what they need to do. I understand probably most fans watching but a bit of analysis on the Avalanche please.

Comment

• Originally posted by CooCooCaChew View Post
          The Flames gotta figure out how to stop the Avalanche from getting 50 shots in a game. Definitely pro Flames commentary between periods. All the analysis is either how good the Flames are playing or what they need to do. I understand probably most fans watching but a bit of analysis on the Avalanche please.
          True...as a flames fan itís disappointing to see Gaudreau become a total non factor in this game and series. The flames need him to step it up in a big way. The difference I see is the flames too lined looks completely overmatched. The other flames lines are playing really well.

MacKinnon is clearly the best player on the ice.
          Last edited by bzborow1; 04-17-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Iím not a big fan of the ďput the whistle in the pocketĒ mentality that refs get into. Makes them look really bad when they call something late when theyíve let stuff go all game.

Comment

• What a game
              Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

• Ugh....what happened to the Calgary Flames? Number 1 line canít be completely invisible in the playoffs.

Comment

• Great game! Aves always seemed to be able to cross the Flames blueline with puck control, they're really good at that.
                  Oh and that MacKinnon kid is really good.

Comment

• As a flames fan let me just say this: Duck Duck mother ducking duck!
                    Smith stood on his head tonight and was a stud, but damn is that 1 line amazing for Colorado. If they had any depth behind those 3, they would have been 1st in the league.

Comment

• Something about that Flames loss that feels like this series is going to be over next game. To manage to blow a two goal lead with 10 minutes left and a goalie standing on his head is back breaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by bzborow1 View Post
                        Ugh....what happened to the Calgary Flames? Number 1 line canít be completely invisible in the playoffs.
                        The flames #1 line is not a playoff hockey line. They fly around and score goals during the regular season but playoff hockey is a different breed. You need to get hit, go in corners and rub players to get the puck. You can't dangle as much or be cute with your passing because the opponents simply aren't giving you the same amount of room to do so.

I love watching Johnny Hockey, but Mackinnon is eating his lunch right now.

​​​​

Comment

• That OT period was some of the best and fastest hockey Iíve ever seen from the nhl. Despite the outcome, itís so nice that the clutch and grab trap days are over.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Fan View Post

The flames #1 line is not a playoff hockey line. They fly around and score goals during the regular season but playoff hockey is a different breed. You need to get hit, go in corners and rub players to get the puck. You can't dangle as much or be cute with your passing because the opponents simply aren't giving you the same amount of room to do so.

I love watching Johnny Hockey, but Mackinnon is eating his lunch right now.

​​​​
                            Not just Johnny Hockey, but I'd argue Monahan has been even worse. The only guy from that top line doing anything useful has been Tkachuk.

Definitely, MacKinnon is almost single-handed beating the Calgary Flames, they can't stop his rushes. From the second period on it was like he was on the ice every other shift. It's making for absolutely entertaining hockey to watch though, that entire 2nd period was a sight to behold.

With about 10 minutes left to go it's like the Flames, I dunno, started feeling the pressure? All of sudden they lost a step, pucks started bouncing off their sticks, etc.
                            Last edited by bzborow1; 04-18-2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Not just Johnny Hockey, but I'd argue Monahan has been even worse. The only guy from that top line doing anything useful has been Tkachuk.

Definitely, MacKinnon is almost single-handed beating the Calgary Flames, they can't stop his rushes. From the second period on it was like he was on the ice every other shift. It's making for absolutely entertaining hockey to watch though, that entire 2nd period was a sight to behold.

With about 10 minutes left to go it's like the Flames, I dunno, started feeling the pressure? All of sudden they lost a step, pucks started bouncing off their sticks, etc.
                              I think Monahan is hurt. He hasnít been the same since he missed that week due to ďillnessĒ...

Comment

The interesting thing is Tkachuk played most of the season on the 2nd line and no one batted an eye because all lines were performing. Now Tkachuk's getting top line time because Gaudreau and Monahan aren't playoff producers on their own. People can say what they want about the Tkachuk brothers but they are the type of player i'd want up front on a playoff cup run. They grind opponents down, get under their skin and continue to produce.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X