Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NLL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLL

http://www.nll.com/news/nll-approves...hthawks-brand/

Rochester Knighthawks will move to Halifax for the 2019-2020 season, but Rochester with the Pegulas owning the expansion franchise keep the Knighthawks brand. So, if I'm getting this right, Styres keeps his Lacrosse personnel, but the Pegulas have the rights to the brand, records, and history.

Personally I'm not a big fan of 1 Owner/Group owning two teams, but the Pegula's have been good owners IMO, and from my understanding they want the Management rights to the Blue Cross Arena.
    Last edited by R.J; 09-15-2018, 05:52 PM.

One of the registered names is Vancouver Warriors...

Comment

Vancouver Warriors it is...
      http://www.nll.com/news/nlls-vancouv...name-and-logo/

Comment

Not so sure about what the Bandits are doing... IIRC Colorado did this a few of years ago with 3 "Head" Coaches, but IIRC within a season or two Pat Coyle was elevated to Head Coach with Gill and Stroup sticking around as co-ordinators.
        http://www.nll.com/news/legends-behi...-head-coaches/

Comment

I heard that Dallas (Mark Cuban or Tom Gaglardi), NY out of Nassau Coliseum (Tsai is the rumoured potential owner, but Commissioner Sakiewicz is also talking to the Islanders owners), Boston (Jacobs family), Nashville (Preds owners) and San Fran (Golden State Warriors Owners) are all apart of the next waves/waves of expansion. I've also read that the Swarm could end up being sold and moved to either Dallas or Nashville.

Comment

CBA negotiations are holding things up right now, but it sounds as though Halifax, Long Island, and San Fran (Golden State) will be the 3 new teams for the 2019-2020 season.

Comment

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/321770

Lacrosse's First Million-Dollar Athlete Was Frustrated by the Status Quo, So He's Starting an All-New Pro League

While Rabil and his fellow players maintained the dream of playing professional-level lacrosse full time, the financial realities of the existing league made that impossible. Add to that MLL’s infrastructure and operations issues, which have led to declining attendance and the occasional absence of necessities like locker rooms and showers, and the situation became untenable for Rabil. In fact, it led directly to the creation of PLL, the first league of its kind to be formed and owned by the players themselves.

“We fully believe that in order to bring lacrosse to the next level, we need a league that puts players first,” says Rabil. This means full-time salaries, healthcare, performance-based bonuses and equity. “The equity is very attractive to them, and it’s something no sports team league has ever done.” Though MLL recently announced that its owners voted to raise its team salary cap by 51 percent, it could be too little too late.

Comment

Originally posted by R.J View Post
                CBA negotiations are holding things up right now, but it sounds as though Halifax, Long Island, and San Fran (Golden State) will be the 3 new teams for the 2019-2020 season.
                It is looking like a serious situation with the CBA negotiations, the two other North American pro lacrosse leagues each boosted their ability to play players, with more money, so at this point NLL pays the least. If Players don't see movement they might just say screw you NLL and go play for the other 2 leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Gforce View Post

It is looking like a serious situation with the CBA negotiations, the two other North American pro lacrosse leagues each boosted their ability to play players, with more money, so at this point NLL pays the least. If Players don't see movement they might just say screw you NLL and go play for the other 2 leagues.
                  Doesn't NLL already pay similar or better than the MLL?

Also, it is a different game. NLL is the only box lacrosse league. The others are field lacrosse, and play in the summer. I thought that some players have played in both, but since the seasons overlap a bit, I don't know if it is very common.

Comment

For indoor the WLA and MSL aren't competition, so I'm assuming you mean the MLL, and Paul Rabil's startup ?
                    NLL revenues are growing and the League is growing; the problem right now is the players want some of the expansion money coming in, and the Owners don't want to hand it over. The MLL approved the increases because they've lost quite a few field guys to the NLL this off season. With San Francisco, Long Island, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Vegas, Seattle, St. Louis, Halifax, Edmonton, and Winnipeg all on the horizon; I don't think the NLL is really worried about the MLL or Rabil - it's the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by gilligan View Post

Doesn't NLL already pay similar or better than the MLL?

Also, it is a different game. NLL is the only box lacrosse league. The others are field lacrosse, and play in the summer. I thought that some players have played in both, but since the seasons overlap a bit, I don't know if it is very common.
                      They pay around the same. Overall salary cap was higher in the NLL, not sure about right now though.
                      Last edited by R.J; 10-30-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Just get 'er done boys.

Comment

Originally posted by R.J View Post

Just get 'er done boys.
                          It was hard to believe that the owners would let games get cancelled, especially with the momentum of the new franchises, but I suppose anything was possible.

Comment

It was hard to believe that the owners would let games get cancelled, especially with the momentum of the new franchises, but I suppose anything was possible.
                            I doubt we see the regular season affected - the first 2 weeks of training camp and pre season is what it looks like right now.

Comment

Seems the League has shut down the NLL TV website (app still works though), as it redirects to the League site. I paid for my 2019 subscription months ago, so I hope BR Live and the NLL honour it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X