Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LPGA Chamionship at The Wascana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LPGA Chamionship at The Wascana

Should be fun .

Whose going to watch .
    Any other volunteers from RF

Course shape is sketchy ...I hear .

Iím going to bring the kids down from Saskatoon for the Rider game Sunday night then go to Mondayís practice round with them so they can see the golfing without affecting any outcomes with talking in back swings etc.

Ill come back solo later in the week and watch the competition rounds with my Dad and Father In Law. We all coincidentally got passes for Christmas.

Im personally most looking forward to feeling bad about my golf game as 130 lb 20 year olds drive the ball 50-75 yards further than I do.

Comment

I'm not a pro golfer watching guy but many if my golfing friends are. They swear by the fact that women are far better hitters and have better swing than the men, the difference is obviously strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
        I'm not a pro golfer watching guy but many if my golfing friends are. They swear by the fact that women are far better hitters and have better swing than the men, the difference is obviously strength.
        I'm gonna call BS on your friends on that point. I guess I could see the way that their swings would look smoother and more graceful but that's only because the club head speed is much lower and you can see more of the swing.

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post

I'm gonna call BS on your friends on that point. I guess I could see the way that their swings would look smoother and more graceful but that's only because the club head speed is much lower and you can see more of the swing.
          The theory is that because of the massive strength difference the woman has to hit the shot perfect to get anywhere near the desired result whereas as the male can hit it slightly imperfect and there is still plenty of power. You can kinda see the same occurances at my level when I play with a decent older golfer. Their swing is regularly so fluid and consistant and hits the ball solid every time while I swing much harder and hit it much further it also gives me more misses. The guys I hear talking about it are teaching pros and like I said it isn't my thing.

Comment

The theory is that because of the massive strength difference the woman has to hit the shot perfect to get anywhere near the desired result whereas as the male can hit it slightly imperfect and there is still plenty of power. You can kinda see the same occurances at my level when I play with a decent older golfer. Their swing is regularly so fluid and consistant and hits the ball solid every time while I swing much harder and hit it much further it also gives me more misses. The guys I hear talking about it are teaching pros and like I said it isn't my thing.
            Oh I'm no expert either but I've watched quite a bit of golf and the men just swing a lot faster so its hard to see the actual smoothness like a LPGA player's swing. It's not like the ladies don't make bad shots and they all shoot 59's.
            Last edited by pappcam; 08-10-2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Oh I'm no expert either but I've watched quite a bit of golf and the men just swing a lot faster so its hard to see the actual smoothness like a LPGA player's swing. It's not like the ladies don't make bad shots and they all should 59's.
              I'm still no expert but if you accuracy off the tee female pros are significantly better than men, the top percentage male would be 16th on LPGA Tour. I know it isn't that simple but folks way more into golf than me think it's a thing.

Comment

You might be onto something with the swing speed Pappcam, it would certainly be easier to focus on 80 mph rather than 120 mph, no idea of actual numbers.

Comment

I would like to go, do not know if they still need volunteers...wasn't sure I was going to be around but now I am

Comment

Originally posted by St. Anger View Post
                    I would like to go, do not know if they still need volunteers...wasn't sure I was going to be around but now I am
                    Tickets are quite reasonable either per day or the whole week if they donít have volunteer needs.

Comment

I'm still no expert but if you accuracy off the tee female pros are significantly better than men, the top percentage male would be 16th on LPGA Tour. I know it isn't that simple but folks way more into golf than me think it's a thing.
                      Same goes for Green in Reg.

Would be interesting to see the women on a men's course though. Something could be said for course design making it more difficult for men to hit greens/fairways.

Comment

Originally posted by imschatz View Post

Same goes for Green in Reg.

Would be interesting to see the women on a men's course though. Something could be said for course design making it more difficult for men to hit greens/fairways.
                        Pushing the envelope always leaves less room for error and these guys swing so hard and fast that it takes immense amounts of skill to keep everything in it's proper place at ball contact. The women have smooth looping swings that are probably much easier to precisely replicate swing after swing.

Comment

Pushing the envelope always leaves less room for error and these guys swing so hard and fast that it takes immense amounts of skill to keep everything in it's proper place at ball contact. The women have smooth looping swings that are probably much easier to precisely replicate swing after swing.
                          I think that was exactly the point I made in my first post which you called BS on???

Comment

I want to be close to Michelle Wies putting stroke as possible.

it's my only personal goal all week

Comment

I think that was exactly the point I made in my first post which you called BS on???
                              It was the "far better hitters" and "better swing" part that I called BS on. I'd say putting all that torque into the swing along with the speed and strength these guys have is far more impressive. IMO and all that.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X