Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA 2018/19 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenandwhitesince82 View Post

I loved JV. He was a fantastic guy and his game is still getting better. Gasol clearly makes the Raps a better team. This is the best Raptors team in history. I think they are better than the Cleveland team they beat last year. The problem is I think the Bucks beat last year's Cavs too and Philly isn't that far behind with the Celtics being right there as well. The playoffs are going to be amazing.
    Last night, I started to see how good Gasol can be. He was working really well with both KLs.
    I think the Raps can handle the Celtics and even Philly, but the Bucks scare the crap outta me.

Comment

• What a show that was in Phoenix last night. LeBron with lazy play, stupid mistakes and missing key free throws. You can see the frustration all over him.

Secondly, any thoughts on where AD lands next year? At first I was sure it was LA but now Iíve been reading that Boston is the front runner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
        What a show that was in Phoenix last night. LeBron with lazy play, stupid mistakes and missing key free throws. You can see the frustration all over him.

Secondly, any thoughts on where AD lands next year? At first I was sure it was LA but now Iíve been reading that Boston is the front runner.
        I donít think NO sends him to the Lakers

i think Kyrie opts out and Boston reloads and donít give up their chest for him

i think (especially if kawhi signs in TO) that another random team grabs him and tries to sell him on their team in his final year

Comment

• Looks like I missed a good game. 21 threes to tie a franchise record.
          Last edited by Marcus Aurelius; 03-10-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• So how many games for Serge? My guess is 4

Comment

• 3 for Serge, Raps should be happy with that outcome I would say

Comment

• Nice highlight for Leonard to end the half.

The game is a little closer than Iíd like, hopefully the Raps pour it on in the 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
                  Nice highlight for Leonard to end the half.

The game is a little closer than Iíd like, hopefully the Raps pour it on in the 2nd.
                  Pretty low energy game - regardless of how bad the Lakers are, nice to see them beat LeBron with the 3rd string PG and missing a starting center as well

Comment

• Getting down to crunch time in the NBA race.

- Bucks have a solid 2.5 game lead on the east and at 7-3 in their last ten are the hottest team in the conference. Itíll take a bit of a collapse for them to lose home court throughout.

- Warriors conversely are only up 1.5 and have been ordinary of late. Solid win against Houston with KD out but theyíve struggled at times of late.

- Magic and Hornets within striking distance of the Heat for that final spot. Whoever gets it is toast in round one but Iím hoping the Magic get in. Would be an accomplishment for that franchise of late.

- Out west the playoff teams appear set with just positioning to be determined. Was hoping that Sacramento could squeak in but itís not looking good.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post

Pretty low energy game - regardless of how bad the Lakers are, nice to see them beat LeBron with the 3rd string PG and missing a starting center as well
                      Agreed. Leonard had a few clutch shots, but even up by 11 at one point, it just didnít feel safe.

Comment

Getting down to crunch time in the NBA race.

- Bucks have a solid 2.5 game lead on the east and at 7-3 in their last ten are the hottest team in the conference. Itíll take a bit of a collapse for them to lose home court throughout.

- Warriors conversely are only up 1.5 and have been ordinary of late. Solid win against Houston with KD out but theyíve struggled at times of late.

- Magic and Hornets within striking distance of the Heat for that final spot. Whoever gets it is toast in round one but Iím hoping the Magic get in. Would be an accomplishment for that franchise of late.

- Out west the playoff teams appear set with just positioning to be determined. Was hoping that Sacramento could squeak in but itís not looking good.
                        As a Raps fan, and you a Warriors fan, I think that right now for both teams, their focus is really on getting the best record between those two teams, so that if they meet up in the finals they have home court advantage. Barring disaster I think Milwaukee is pretty safe to get 1st overall seed this season.

Absolutely worst thing that could happen to Raps is meeting Detroit in the first round and either getting swept or losing a game 7 at home.

Comment

• WOW!!

Did anyone see the end to the Raps Hornets game?? That was absolutely insane and incredible all at once.

Comment

WOW!!

Did anyone see the end to the Raps Hornets game?? That was absolutely insane and incredible all at once.
                            March Madness: Weíre so amazing with our buzzer beaters and craziness!!

Raps/Hornets: Hold my beer...

Comment

WOW!!

I am still not liking the Gasol trade .....

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post

I am still not liking the Gasol trade .....
                                Masai pretty much said that his higher basketball IQ will pay off in the playoffs when the rotations are tighter - they decimated their bench and have had quite a few injuries since the trade, hard to really tell how it will pan out, and again this team will solely be judged by how they perform in the playoffs

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X