Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA 2018/19 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danno View Post

I think we are well into the shift to the east. Although GSW are still untouchable when everyone is healthy, the next group (Houston, OKC, Memphis, Denver) are no better than the Raptors, 76ers, Bucks, Celtics.
    Yup a strong top 4 in the East for sure, with Knicks rumoured to be in on lots of top FAs this offseason, if Kawhi stays with the Raps, the power teams will be out East in the next season or two

Comment

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post

Yup a strong top 4 in the East for sure, with Knicks rumoured to be in on lots of top FAs this offseason, if Kawhi stays with the Raps, the power teams will be out East in the next season or two
      I love it that there's a few of us on here to talk NBA!

Comment

I think we are well into the shift to the east. Although GSW are still untouchable when everyone is healthy, the next group (Houston, OKC, Memphis, Denver) are no better than the Raptors, 76ers, Bucks, Celtics.
        The bottom of the conferences are what I'm talking about. There are 4 quality teams in the East and almost everyone else would be demolished in the west (Pacers would contend for the 8th, Pistons would be absolutely waxed).
        I have a gluten allergy and anxiety. Please do not quote my posts.

Comment

• This is the most balanced the NBA has been in a few years. Seems that a few West teams have taken a step back and a few East teams have progressed. We’ll see if it’s the same come playoffs.

I saw a quote from FVV from Primetime Sports yesterday that said they’re 20-4 and haven’t even played well yet.

I agree with with him, the Raps have been solid but not spectacular. If the bench gets going and the starters continue to gel they could go a long way this spring.

Comment

• Kawhi looking suspiciously healthy. Getting the Raps on multiple ESPN games is MVP worthy by itself.

Giving away Green, Kawhi looking like he was probably healthy last year and now a likely lottery pick and the Spurs dynasty looks officially dead.

Comment

• I hope Jimmy Butler gets food poisoning. Can a Raptor not named Kawhi hit a 3?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty c View Post
                This is the most balanced the NBA has been in a few years. Seems that a few West teams have taken a step back and a few East teams have progressed. We’ll see if it’s the same come playoffs.

I saw a quote from FVV from Primetime Sports yesterday that said they’re 20-4 and haven’t even played well yet.

I agree with with him, the Raps have been solid but not spectacular. If the bench gets going and the starters continue to gel they could go a long way this spring.
                Yup, ended up with a pretty easy win last night thanks to a strong second half, but with how many open threes they missed, that game could have been a laugher by half time. Those shots will fall more often than not, but they have had a rough couple weeks with those and bench production, although the bench played great last night.

My biggest beef with this team is that they let teams stick around too long. They get these double digits leads early, and yet somehow all these games are down to a possession or two in the 4th quarter. Need to keep the pressure on and extend these leads, not letting teams chip away and get back into the game.

Once they develop that lethal instinct, this team will be virtually unstoppable.

Also last night Kawhi looked the best I've seen him as a Raptor. Knocking down threes like Steph, and blowing through the lane for dunks like LeBron. That look off at Pascal before exploding was unreal. As was the back to back dunks with Kawhi and OG.

Last night's game was the feature game down in the States and the Raps put on a show.

Comment

• An early case for Kawhi as MVP:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...vp-leaderboard

Comment

• Very good article about how the NBA has changed from the Jordan era of hero ball, to the current focus on three point shooting - kinda follows Carmelo's career to show it, really well written article:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rican-ball-hog

Comment

Yup, ended up with a pretty easy win last night thanks to a strong second half, but with how many open threes they missed, that game could have been a laugher by half time. Those shots will fall more often than not, but they have had a rough couple weeks with those and bench production, although the bench played great last night.

My biggest beef with this team is that they let teams stick around too long. They get these double digits leads early, and yet somehow all these games are down to a possession or two in the 4th quarter. Need to keep the pressure on and extend these leads, not letting teams chip away and get back into the game.

Once they develop that lethal instinct, this team will be virtually unstoppable.

Also last night Kawhi looked the best I've seen him as a Raptor. Knocking down threes like Steph, and blowing through the lane for dunks like LeBron. That look off at Pascal before exploding was unreal. As was the back to back dunks with Kawhi and OG.

Last night's game was the feature game down in the States and the Raps put on a show.
                      I only managed to catch the 4th quarter but JV was looking like a monster out there. And Kawhi had another solid outing. I totally agree about letting teams off the hook a little bit especially the last number of games, but I think that is going to happen a large percentage of the time. Times just can't keep the hammer down for 48 minutes and there is almost always going to be varying runs by the trailing team.

Really love the Danny Green "throw in". The guy can make the shots when they are needed. I've become a big fan.

Comment

Very good article about how the NBA has changed from the Jordan era of hero ball, to the current focus on three point shooting - kinda follows Carmelo's career to show it, really well written article:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rican-ball-hog
                        Good article, and as electrifying as MJ was, he may not have won those championships without Scotty Pippen. The game has evolved certainly, but the new superstars are being noted for their teamwork abilities moreso now.

Comment

I am really looking forward to seeing how Boogie Cousins does with them. The one thing the Warriors have lacked during these championship teams is an all star caliber centre. The thought of Curry, Klay, Dray, KD and Boogie on the floor at the same time makes me drool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

I am really looking forward to seeing how Boogie Cousins does with them. The one thing the Warriors have lacked during these championship teams is an all star caliber centre. The thought of Curry, Klay, Dray, KD and Boogie on the floor at the same time makes me drool.
                            As long as KD and DG don't kill each other first ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Boogie is a great player that just doesn’t seem to have a place in the modern NBA - I’m curious if they will run any offense through him or have him exclusive to rebounding and kick outs

Comment

Boogie is a great player that just doesn’t seem to have a place in the modern NBA
                                This is an incredibly bad take.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X