Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA 2018/19 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NBA 2018/19 Season

    Are the Raps the best team in the East?

    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/8...-kawhi-leonard

  • #2
    Raps sign Greg Munroe

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by steve04 View Post
      Are the Raps the best team in the East?

      https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/8...-kawhi-leonard
      No. Think they will be fighting for 3rd or 4th but could drop as low as 5th potentially. Will Leonard give it his all, or will there be problems? I used to love the guy on the Spurs but with all the stuff you hear and read, I just don't know where his head will be at. The good thing is he will need a new contract next year so he should be super motivated to prove he deserves a big one from somebody.

      Boston will far and away be the class of the east imo. They could potentially challenge the Warriors with their line up. If they stay reasonably healthy that is.

      Monroe is good depth.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Goldsmith78 View Post

        No. Think they will be fighting for 3rd or 4th but could drop as low as 5th potentially. Will Leonard give it his all, or will there be problems? I used to love the guy on the Spurs but with all the stuff you hear and read, I just don't know where his head will be at. The good thing is he will need a new contract next year so he should be super motivated to prove he deserves a big one from somebody.

        Boston will far and away be the class of the east imo. They could potentially challenge the Warriors with their line up. If they stay reasonably healthy that is.

        Monroe is good depth.
        After a year off for injury, pressure is on Kawhi to perform for his contract so I expect him to have a good season - more concerned if we will get a prickly Lowry pissed off that his best friend was traded

        If you see raps as low as 5, beyond philly and Boston who do you see ahead of them? I canít see them lower than 3 personally

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by steve04 View Post

          After a year off for injury, pressure is on Kawhi to perform for his contract so I expect him to have a good season - more concerned if we will get a prickly Lowry pissed off that his best friend was traded

          If you see raps as low as 5, beyond philly and Boston who do you see ahead of them? I canít see them lower than 3 personally
          I think they should be able to hold onto 3rd at least, but I do like the Pacers and you can never count out Wall & Beal plus maybe the Bucks make a bit more noise this year.

          And I also worry about Lowry's attitude but I think we should start to see Delon W. take over more of his playing time. I think these 2 are going opposite directions and DW should overtake him as a starter, maybe this year imo.

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree with Steve that they are at worst third and if things go well for them and they get some lucky breaks, they could leap frog one of the Celtics/Sixers. If I was to bet, and looking at the rosters as they are now, I would put them in third with a second round date against one of those two earlier mentioned teams.

            Glad to see an NBA thread started! Go Warriors!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
              I agree with Steve that they are at worst third and if things go well for them and they get some lucky breaks, they could leap frog one of the Celtics/Sixers. If I was to bet, and looking at the rosters as they are now, I would put them in third with a second round date against one of those two earlier mentioned teams.

              Glad to see an NBA thread started! Go Warriors!!!
              You're probably right in putting them at third, worst case scenario. If I was betting I'd say 3rd but Leonard just worries me. If he acts up and takes his ball and goes home, the Raps could slide badly.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Goldsmith78 View Post

                You're probably right in putting them at third, worst case scenario. If I was betting I'd say 3rd but Leonard just worries me. If he acts up and takes his ball and goes home, the Raps could slide badly.
                No question, they need him to be that dominant player he can be. If he's not healthy or has an attitude about being in Toronto you're right, it's possible they drop a few spots. He has over 100 million reasons to have a stellar season though! Lol.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I feel incredibly bad for DeMar, but this team showed last season, that although they could finish 1st in the east, he wasnít gonna get them to the finals. Now the team is basically the same except a massive upgrade to kawhi. Personally I think they finish 1st (unless Boston stays healthy all season, but I donít see that happening) and have a legit shot at the finals.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Per the Ringer's top 6 players likely to outplay their contracts this season:

                    Greg Monroe, Raptors

                    One year, $2.2 million

                    When Monroe suits up for the Raptors this fall, it will be his fourth team of the calendar year. Though his production has diminished since leaving Detroit, Monroeís size and skill allow him to score and rebound enough to be a serviceable bench piece on a contender. Thatís what the Raptors need, especially at center; before this signing, Jonas Valanciunas was the only player listed at the position. Toronto will likely often use small lineups, either with Serge Ibaka or Pascal Siakam at the 5, but Monroe should be useful when the team needs to match up against another traditional big. Even if he isnít, thereís not much to lose, considering the price at which they signed him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Curious why Nash never played for the Raptors

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by steve04 View Post
                        I feel incredibly bad for DeMar, but this team showed last season, that although they could finish 1st in the east, he wasnít gonna get them to the finals. Now the team is basically the same except a massive upgrade to kawhi. Personally I think they finish 1st (unless Boston stays healthy all season, but I donít see that happening) and have a legit shot at the finals.
                        Poor Demar with his $28 Million contract who the coach didn't trust enough to put on the floor in the 4th quarter of their big comeback attempt vs Cleveland in the playoffs ..... Raptors were fortunate to find a team that would take on his contract .... getting Kawhi for a season is simply a bonus ....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
                          Curious why Nash never played for the Raptors
                          Because he played for other teams? Are all Canadians required to play for Canadian teams?

                          Why would Nash have wanted to play for the Raptors anyway? He's from BC.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pappcam View Post

                            Because he played for other teams? Are all Canadians required to play for Canadian teams?

                            Why would Nash have wanted to play for the Raptors anyway? He's from BC.
                            Slight correction, he's from South Africa but was raised in BC. Moved to Regina from South Africa before ending up in BC.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bates View Post

                              Slight correction, he's from South Africa but was raised in BC. Moved to Regina from South Africa before ending up in BC.
                              Actually I knew that. I meant he was raised in BC which I would I assume he considers home.

                              Comment

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X