Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regina Pats... 2017-18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slightlyheavy View Post

Perhaps I misinterpreted your post, I read it like you felt picks in the 3 round and beyond are worthless. I was just trying to illustrate that clearly wasn't the case. I added Bellows and Matthews more as a joke than an actual example of a legit example.

sometimes a trade for an 18 year old can work out amazingly for a player/team, look at Brett Leason in PA, that was a fantastic trade for P.A. they gave up a 3rd round pick to Tri-City last Season for him.
    No, not worthless. But the difference between a 3rd and an 8th round pick is very little, when you look at historical returns. And as I pointed out, you are just as likely to have an unlisted player be better than what those picks turn out to be.

Ultimately, I would have favoured splitting the players up, and making two deals.

Comment

• Bantam drafts are totally a crap shoot at best. I wonder if moving up the draft age a year would be better.

Comment

• Pats traded Mahovalich, Joseph, and Creta in the last two days. Stockpiling those picks back up.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommy_boy View Post
          Pats traded Mahovalich, Joseph, and Creta in the last two days. Stockpiling those picks back up.
          Always interesting to see trade value at the deadline, and look back to what they got for Henry and Leschyshyn. Obviously no way of knowing, but I have to think that they could have got more had they waited. Lots of teams making a move right now.

Couple more trades out there for them to make, and then the young guys will get a whack of playing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChuckT View Post
            Couple more trades out there for them to make, and then the young guys will get a whack of playing time.
            Deadline already came and went.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommy_boy View Post

Deadline already came and went.
              Still on vacation mode and a week behind... that's the second time that's happened to me today. Duh.

Comment

• Pats beat Brandon again last night. The Pats have beat Brandon the last 3 times that they have played. Those are completely unforgivable losses for Brandon who are in a close fight with Calgary for the last wildcard playoff spot.

Comment

• I want Calgary to get that spot so I can see PA here for a game in the playoffs

Comment

• Originally posted by chem_247 View Post
                    Pats beat Brandon again last night. The Pats have beat Brandon the last 3 times that they have played. Those are completely unforgivable losses for Brandon who are in a close fight with Calgary for the last wildcard playoff spot.
                    Kelly McCrimmon must be very disappointed with the results this year. Big things were expected from Brandon this year, and they've sen brutal more often than not. I expect some changes there this offseason, unless there is a huge turn around.

Comment

Kelly McCrimmon must be very disappointed with the results this year. Big things were expected from Brandon this year, and they've sen brutal more often than not. I expect some changes there this offseason, unless there is a huge turn around.
                      McCrimmon being disappointed from Las Vegas is a concern? He's had nothing to do with them since 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post

McCrimmon being disappointed from Las Vegas is a concern? He's had nothing to do with them since 2016.
                        You mean aside from the fact that he still owns the team - right?

Comment

Interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post

Interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks.
                            Yah - he originally bought into the team quite a few years ago, and I think around '99 or thereabouts he bought out the other owners.

When he accepted the Vegas job, he chose to retain ownership of the team - I'm sure as a back up in case the NHL jump didn't work out. Obviously, it has worked out extremely well for him.

In fact, I've heard that Seattle is very keen on hiring him... and for good reason. But there are others going after him. He's a name who is at the top of many, if not all, lists for teams who are (or might be) looking for a new GM.

I don't see him coming back to Brandon anytime soon, which is good news for other WHL teams as he seemed to somehow field a contender pretty every single year.

Comment

He is still running the majority of the hockey operations in Brandon and everything runs through him. They have picked up their play of late.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X