Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regina Pats... 2017-18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChuckT View Post

Another reason why I see Brandon pulling the trigger and reloading to take a run for next year and the year after.

Forgot to mention, SC giving up Barlage was a massive price... absolutely monster price. That guy is going to be a massive stud. I would not have made that deal for a 20 year old, even though I'm a huge fan of Estephan.
    That's a tough trade for them to make, with no guarantees that they make it out of the second round of the playoffs. The Pats needed to be all in being that they are guaranteed a spot. No cost is too high for a team that hasn't won a Memorial Cup in over 40 years or a WHL Championship in over 30 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post

I think Colin better call a moving van and head back home to Mom and Dad's if he was to do that. They really need to make the playoffs this year. This rebuilding every year under his guidance is not working very well and he can't afford to lose anymore fans or sponsors. The Rush have hurt them, and I suspect the Huskies will hurt them even more next season when they move into their new home.
      Then looks like he may have to, I fully suspect he will be moved in the morning based on this Tweet from the Blades play by play man, Les Lazaruk earlier. You know you are serious on moving him when you won't even let him practice for fear he may be hurt and kill a deal.

Now I am not sure whether this is towing the party line or whether this is Les' own opinion, but he does make it sound like Colin is trying to improve the team. I don't quite get how it improves the team for the playoff push when you are trading your key assets. It wouldn't surprise me if the Chase Wouters jersey t-shirt I bought on a whim at a game in October is obsolete by the end of the day too.

I do agree that the Blades have a now or never situation with Merlis Belsher Place opening next year. Depending how much they are going to charge for tickets, I may consider buying Huskies men's season tickets next year. I have always enjoyed USports hockey and the only thing stopping me from going to lots of games was Rutherdump.

Comment

• Anyone know if Steele will be back tonight? I saw Libor and Gabrielle will be playing tonight, will be good to see a couple of the new guys on the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huff Daddy View Post

Moose Jaw is going to be ok. Swift and Regina will really feel the effects of these moves 2 and 3 years down the road.
          The year the after the Pats hosted they won 40 plus games but really hit the outhouse the next couple years with an 11 win season and some really bad teams for 5-6 years. The cost of hosting.
          I recall hearing that the 40 win plus season in 02 might have been worse for the team long term as it made the hold on to guys vs selling off guys like Garth Murray who could have replenished the farm a bit. Mind you based on deadline deals for guys like Harding, Parker may have botched it.

Comment

• http://reginapats.com/article/pats-t...der-ryan-kubic

Pats get Hebig and Kubic from the Blades for Brown, Lockner and picks.

Comment

• There now HAS to be another trade being announced for a goalie.

There is no way the Pats go forward with Kubic, Paddock and Wasserman.

Comment

• Crazy rumour is Hart for Jake Leschyshyn and pick.

I say crazy but Hebig is a center and the pats now have three centers ahead of Leschyshyn and the Tips need a center. Crazy and I would be shocked if it happened. More likely trade is Fergusson or someone completely off the radar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knighthawk View Post
                  There now HAS to be another trade being announced for a goalie.

I want to say Paddock is being shipped out for Ferguson, but I just don't think they have the assets anymore. But what do I know. Maybe those other far out rumours from yesterday weren't rumours lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knighthawk View Post
                    There now HAS to be another trade being announced for a goalie.

I hope so, unless I'm missing something on Kubic. I know stats aren't everything but his are pretty horrendous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullwinkle View Post

I hope so, unless I'm missing something on Kubic. I know stats aren't everything but his are pretty horrendous.
                      He just can't be the guy....can he? I'm thinking they want to role with him as the number 2. Maybe move Wasserman or Paddock now?

Comment

• I've seen Kubic play quite a bit. Not someone I'd want to run with. He lost the starting job in Saskatoon to 16 year old Maier.

Comment

• There HAS to be a goalie move in the works

Comment

• Brown vs Kubic? Yikes. However the Pats are not going anywhere without a powerplay so if recent moves deliver that we have a real shot.

Comment

• Taylor Shire Verified account @TShireGlobal 8 minutes ago
                              • Hearing the Regina Pats and Everett Silvertips are close to finalizing a huge trade. Stay tuned... #WHL #WHLTradeDeadline

Comment

• If the trade is for Hart, count on it including Henry and Jake from the Pats.
                                "Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right." - George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X