Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edmonton Oilers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gersh View Post

Even tho I'm an Oiler fan, I can understand this. The same could be said about the Eskimos and their fans. Being a Rider fans, and living in and around Edmonton for 15 years, my hatred for the Eskimos intensified.
    Esk's are the same, can't find a fan when they lose. I love a good debate. I just find the Oilers fans hard to debate with. I have several good friends who are die hard fans of the Oilers and it always comes down to the same thing.. I'm just jealous because they have Connor McDavid. Every debate ends at that point. I've been saying it for 3 years, no defense and no goaltending isn't going to win anything. Obviously because I am a flyers fan, I am a idiot and know nothing. That's what makes this enjoyable for me. A little humility would go along way. Don't hear the Flames fans running their mouths about their team, and they are actually good

Comment

• Originally posted by Ripper View Post

Esk's are the same, can't find a fan when they lose. I love a good debate. I just find the Oilers fans hard to debate with. I have several good friends who are die hard fans of the Oilers and it always comes down to the same thing.. I'm just jealous because they have Connor McDavid. Every debate ends at that point. I've been saying it for 3 years, no defense and no goaltending isn't going to win anything. Obviously because I am a flyers fan, I am a idiot and know nothing. That's what makes this enjoyable for me. A little humility would go along way. Don't hear the Flames fans running their mouths about their team, and they are actually good
      Don't kid yourself, it's there too.

While living there in 2004, you could get a ticket from a scalper up until March for less than $25/game. Games never sold out.

Then all of a sudden the playoffs come and it's red mile and sea of red? Lol, that happened overnight.

Comment

Just imagine your friends heads exploding if the Oiler's end up hiring Hextall as their next GM.

I am an Oilers fan and I've never gotten the "oh your just jealous" argument. Even the most die hard fans have to realize that this team, with or without McDavid, is an awful team.

Comment

As a resident of Calgary I will disagree with that 100%. One thing I do find curious is there seems to be as much happiness here when the Oilers struggle (so a lot recently) as with the Flames doing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

As a resident of Calgary I will disagree with that 100%. One thing I do find curious is there seems to be as much happiness here when the Oilers struggle (so a lot recently) as with the Flames doing well.
            The Flames got pounded by the boys on the bus a lot. They will hate them forever. You are also right about flames fans chirping, I'm sure there are plenty that are. I guess what I should have said was I don't hear any doing it in my circle of friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halter View Post
              I like the Jets, Chevy and the boys are a well run team.
              one of us! one of us!

Comment

• The Oilers do not have what it takes. They're so lucky to be in NHL West..........but there's too many teams that are vying for that final Wild Card spot. Whoever gets it will have to have depth and be playing well. Can't see that with the Oilers. The West is like the CFL East right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                  The Oilers do not have what it takes. They're so lucky to be in NHL West..........but there's too many teams that are vying for that final Wild Card spot. Whoever gets it will have to have depth and be playing well. Can't see that with the Oilers. The West is like the CFL East right now.
                  Time to start selling. The Oilers are at least 5 players away from being a playoff contender. I pity to new GM who comes in to clear the mess management has created.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                      Definitely good to see Klefbom back. It's been a disaster back there since he went down.
                      It'll be interesting to see how the sort the cap space to fit Sekera back into the lineup after his conditioning stint is done

Comment

• I saw at least 1 Oiler fan throw their jersey on the ice tonight. I know people are frustrated, but what does that accomplish?

I'm a Canucks fan first, Oilers fan second, and I feel bad for McDavid and Draisaitl. They deserve much better players to play with. Even the Hitchcock style isn't working for this group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Mega View Post
                          I saw at least 1 Oiler fan throw their jersey on the ice tonight. I know people are frustrated, but what does that accomplish?

I'm a Canucks fan first, Oilers fan second, and I feel bad for McDavid and Draisaitl. They deserve much better players to play with. Even the Hitchcock style isn't working for this group.
                          It isn't a smart move but I also don't blame the guy who did toss it on the ice...the frustration within the fanbase is the highest it has ever been.

Comment

• I took a quick look online to see if any NHL team has ever fired 2 head coaches in one season. There is a Reddit forum on this topic, but I gets a bit difficult to read. I wonder if some of the Oilers players have tuned Hitchcock out, especially after his comments about the coaches wanting it more. He has since tried to backpedal from those comments, but I think the damage might be done. Draisaitl didn't seem to pleased upon hearing those comments.

On the other hand, the players really do need to step it up. I watched a bit of the Oilers-Penguins game tonight, and at one point, McDavid was the only Oiler in front of his own net, while Klefbom was floating around out near the blue line. He has got to be so frustrated.

Comment

• No surprise, Talbot was dealt to the Flyers and again, no surprise, the return was so-so. I really don't know how this team turns things around. They have so many average players with large money tied up, including their starting goalie who seems to need a goal or two scored on him in the first minute to realize he is the starter.

Comment

• Sam Gagne delt to the Oilers for Spooner

https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-tra...er/2019/02/16/
                                Last edited by Unityriderguy; 02-16-2019, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X