Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edmonton Oilers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ripper View Post

    Tkachuk has 32 points. He isn't out there to fight with bottom feeders like Kassian
    Then he really shoukdn't be trying to do it with Mcdavid. Tkachuk is a rat, I would force his own teammates to deal with him.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ripper View Post

      Typical Oiler fan response. At least my Flyers will make the playoffs. What excuse will you have when you don't?
      Typical Flyers troll.

      Again, Tkachuk is a POS who deserves everything coming his way. You actually came into an Oilers thread to praise and defend Tkachuk.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Don Mega View Post
        I was feeling bad about Loui Ericksson's lousy 12 points this season when I noticed Lucic has 5. I know, I know...low blow!

        I will mention again that I hated both of those anchor contracts when they were signed.
        Lucic isn't quite in the Scott Gomez territory but he's getting close, something like 2 goals in his last 70+ games.

        He's only 30 years old so normally you would think he still has several productive years ahead of him but the game has changed so much with the emphasis on speed that his skillset no longer applies.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

          It all feels very much like yesterday's NHL to me. With the changes to how penalties are called with the stickwork, that's a drastic change freeing up quicker players, or players that can cycle with the puck. Chia has built this team for 3-5 years ago and with the rule changes the game is evolving past him.
          He is still trying to win like his 2011 Bruins did.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by coralharbour View Post

            Lucic isn't quite in the Scott Gomez territory but he's getting close, something like 2 goals in his last 70+ games.

            He's only 30 years old so normally you would think he still has several productive years ahead of him but the game has changed so much with the emphasis on speed that his skillset no longer applies.
            I actually thought Lucic was older than Ericksson for some reason. But Ericksson is 33 apparently. As a Canuck fan, I'm glad they didn't sign Lucic. But they shouldn't have signed Ericksson either.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bates View Post

              Then he really shoukdn't be trying to do it with Mcdavid. Tkachuk is a rat, I would force his own teammates to deal with him.
              I think Tkachuk is a player that you hate when you play against him , but love him when he’s on your team . Kind of like my Habs with Gally or Domi , I’d take Tkachuk on my team any day. JMO

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Bates View Post

                Then he really shoukdn't be trying to do it with Mcdavid. Tkachuk is a rat, I would force his own teammates to deal with him.
                Isn’t that why they called Ken Linsmen the rat when he played for the Oilers , and everybody loved how he played ? IMO Tkachuk plays a similar style

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

                  Isn’t that why they called Ken Linsmen the rat when he played for the Oilers , and everybody loved how he played ? IMO Tkachuk plays a similar style
                  You aren't going to find many Tkachuk fans in this thread. He's a turtling POS.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by pappcam View Post

                    You aren't going to find many Tkachuk fans in this thread. He's a turtling POS.
                    Ya true he did turtle in that game no doubt.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

                      Isn’t that why they called Ken Linsmen the rat when he played for the Oilers , and everybody loved how he played ? IMO Tkachuk plays a similar style
                      Like I said I would let Gaudreau straighten out Tkachuk after I punched him in the face. Chasing the Rat is what he wants and hopes for.

                      Comment


                      • He's only 20 years old and is currently playing at a >PPG pace. I bet every team would gladly take him.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by tommy_boy View Post
                          He's only 20 years old and is currently playing at a >PPG pace. I bet every team would gladly take him.
                          That's not why I don't like him. It actually makes me dislike him more since he obviously doesn't need to act the way he does out there to contribute. He's a 6th overall pick so the skill is there but I still think he's a turtling POS.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pappcam View Post

                            That's not why I don't like him. It actually makes me dislike him more since he obviously doesn't need to act the way he does out there to contribute. He's a 6th overall pick so the skill is there but I still think he's a turtling POS.
                            Funny how Oiler fans, when reviewing the last game seem to omit the part where Draisatl cast the first stone when he slew footed Tkachuk with no call and when Tkachuk gave him ample opportunities to “make amends” the big German p@ssy ran and hid.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Towner View Post

                              where Draisatl cast the first stone when he slew footed Tkachuk with no call and when Tkachuk gave him ample opportunities to “make amends” the big German p@ssy ran and hid.
                              Oh the irony.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

                                It all feels very much like yesterday's NHL to me. With the changes to how penalties are called with the stickwork, that's a drastic change freeing up quicker players, or players that can cycle with the puck. Chia has built this team for 3-5 years ago and with the rule changes the game is evolving past him.
                                7-2-1 under Hitch.

                                Not sure how sustainable this is for the Oilers, but that’s a pretty good record.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X