Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edmonton Oilers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the love of God, please clean house in Edmonton. The only Canadian team I don't mind struggling is Toronto. Can't stand any western team being unwatchable, which the Oilers are.
    Mclellan is NOT the answer for their problems.

Comment

• Changing head coaches every season or two hasn't been the answer either. I wouldn't be surprised if both the GM and HC get one more year, but with the HC being on the hot seat if they have a poor start to 2018-2019.

Comment

• They are doing fine, don't clean house. Maybe there might be problem with some of the players not playing to their capabilities. It can't always be management.

Comment

• Originally posted by inspector7;n210387[B
          ]They are doing fine,[/B] don't clean house. Maybe there might be problem with some of the players not playing to their capabilities. It can't always be management.
          27th place is fine? You're pretty easy to please.
          Last edited by coralharbour; 01-08-2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• I just saw a clip today that had Chiarelli saying the coach wasn't going to be fired. Isn't that the proverbial kiss of death?

Comment

• Originally posted by rubixpube View Post
              For the love of God, please clean house in Edmonton. The only Canadian team I don't mind struggling is Toronto. Can't stand any western team being unwatchable, which the Oilers are.
              Mclellan is NOT the answer for their problems.
              He never was the answer. Didníít like the hire from the start
              Last edited by lester; 01-09-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lester View Post

He never was the answer. Didníít like the hire from the start
                Agreed. I think he's a better coach than Chiarelli is a GM though. I would want Chiarelli out of there before he causes more damage.

Comment

• Great start tonight.

Comment

• And back to square. I'm flicking back and forth between Oilers and Jets game. It's like I'm watching two different Leagues.

Comment

• Well, I donít think Taylor Hall is too upset he got out of Edmonton now. He just won the Hart Trophy at 26 years old. Heís got a lot of good years ahead of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                        Well, I donít think Taylor Hall is too upset he got out of Edmonton now. He just won the Hart Trophy at 26 years old. Heís got a lot of good years ahead of him.
                        McDavid won his 2nd straight Lindsay award which is the one voted on by the players and is the first to win 2 before age 22.

Also, aren't you a Sabres fan? How are they doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post

McDavid won his 2nd straight Lindsay award which is the one voted on by the players and is the first to win 2 before age 22.

Also, aren't you a Sabres fan? How are they doing?
                          McDavid is the best player in the league, no question there. I just remember a lot of chest pumping on here when Hall was traded. Maybe heíd worn out his fit in Edmonton but man, that trade is pretty one sided these days.

As for the Sabres, things are going to be much nicer after the first pick in the draft! I canít wait for Dahlin in blue and gold! Not sure how being a fan of a team thatís been bad for a while though prevents me from commenting on other teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                            Well, I donít think Taylor Hall is too upset he got out of Edmonton now. He just won the Hart Trophy at 26 years old. Heís got a lot of good years ahead of him.
                            It did him a lot of good to be the new guy in the dressing room. I don't think his talent was ever in question or at least I never questioned his talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by lester View Post

It did him a lot of good to be the new guy in the dressing room. I don't think his talent was ever in question or at least I never questioned his talent.
                              Crazy that Barzal won the Calder tonigh toot, a pick the Isles snagged from the Oilers. Iím a huge McDavid fan so I was rooting for the Oilers to continue on their success from a year ago but man, tonight was a tough night for Chiarelli and that franchise.

Comment

• Sekera undergoing surgery for an achilles tear, with no timeline on his return:

https://www.tsn.ca/oilers-d-sekera-u...lles-1.1157728

Seems like they might be missing him again for part of the season.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X