Edmonton Oilers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bates View Post
    Anyone know if Rask is on the Charter? RNH?
    Not having given up 3 to one of the lowest scoring teams in the league.

Comment

• Talbot is not the problem in Edmonton. He isn't playing great, but it was never very likely that he was going to duplicate his career year, but he's doing okay for a $4 million goalie. I expect he'll bounce back at some point. Rask's slump is a lot more concerning. I'd keep the younger Talbot over bringing in someone like Rask.

As for having no good goalies since the 80s, that is just nuts. They did ruin the best goalie they've had in a while though, with Dubnyk's NHL career nearly ending in Edmonton before being resurrected elsewhere. I'm hoping Talbot doesn't suffer the same fate.

Comment

• Saw this Tweet and thought of poster Regina:

I cant believe the Bruins are starting their #1 guy vs. NHLs best and not the hot-starting career back-up who was completely unreliable a year ago, resulting in the #1 guy being way overplayed and nearly torpedoing the season until the #1 guy was lights out down the stretch.

Comment

• Can't see this helping:

Cam Talbot is out at least two weeks. Todd McLellan adds: It could be longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bates View Post
            Can't see this helping:

Cam Talbot is out at least two weeks. Todd McLellan adds: It could be longer.
            Trade for Rask forthcoming?

Comment

• Originally posted by kcountry View Post

Trade for Rask forthcoming?
              I guess this kills that deal as you can' trade a player on IR!!!!

Comment

• Big win last night by Kris Russell

Comment

Big win last night by Kris Russell
                  He scored the tying and winning goals.

Comment

• So Unfortunate for Russell. The injury to Larsson meant he was logging more ice time. With a goal and an assist, he was having one of the better nights of his career, until the own goal.

But fear not, the 5'8 Aussie hockey player is here to save the Oilers.

Comment

• I caught the tail end of the 3rd period of tonight's game against the Flyers. The Oilers PP didn't look dangerous at all, at least what I saw. I don't know if other teams have figured them out, or if they are all squeezing the stick too tight, or both. I wonder what it's going to take to get them clicking again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Mega View Post
                        I caught the tail end of the 3rd period of tonight's game against the Flyers. The Oilers PP didn't look dangerous at all, at least what I saw. I don't know if other teams have figured them out, or if they are all squeezing the stick too tight, or both. I wonder what it's going to take to get them clicking again.
                        Last night was the first game I have watched in the past few weeks. It was a terrible game to watch. Something isn't right with the Oilers. Still there is no jump, no enthusiasm and they continue to be slow starters. The PK is bad, the goal-tending is slightly above bad and the power play is mediocre. I wonder if the coaching staff is on their last life?

Comment

• I don't think there's any chance they would fire Mclellan this season even if they play like garbage for the rest of the season. If they play the same way next season, I think he'd be fired around this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommy_boy View Post
                            I don't think there's any chance they would fire Mclellan this season even if they play like garbage for the rest of the season. If they play the same way next season, I think he'd be fired around this time.
                            You don't think they will fire the coaches, but would you? If not, what is the problem with the Oilers?

Comment

You don't think they will fire the coaches, but would you? If not, what is the problem with the Oilers?
                              Chiarelli

Comment

Let last seasons success and the medias views of them go to their head? But actually I'm not sure. I don't watch all the Oilers games so I could be off base, but to me they look like they were planning on riding McDavids coattail all season long. For what it's worth I think McLellan is a better coach than Chia is a GM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X