No announcement yet.

Edmonton Oilers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Oilers shooting percentage really stay so low forever, or will some shots start to go in for them?

Comment

• I'm officially worried. They have absolutely no finish as a team so far this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post
        I'm officially worried. They have absolutely no finish as a team so far this year.
        Yep. Completely dull offensively. Like a dish rag in soapy water. And the PK has been atrocious.

Comment

• Comment

• If their forwards don't start backchecking it's going to be a long & frustrating season.

Comment

• Oilers call up Jesse P.

Won two exciting OT games in a row on the road but there are still very troubling signs with this team. Lack of scoring being paramount.

Comment

• Times running out on the Oilers. The had a fairly good road trip and now need to start winning games against the Western Conference teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcountry View Post
                  Times running out on the Oilers. The had a fairly good road trip and now need to start winning games against the Western Conference teams.
                  Like the Flames last year, who were off to a poor start, the only thing that'll move the Oilers into playoff contention is a run of some sort. Same thing happened with the Ducks last year too. Very poor start. Then they ended up winning the West.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

Like the Flames last year, who were off to a poor start, the only thing that'll move the Oilers into playoff contention is a run of some sort. Same thing happened with the Ducks last year too. Very poor start. Then they ended up winning the West.
                    If they happen to beat Vegas tonight, they are only 3 points off of where they were last year at this point. The big difference this year is that their PK is atrocious and outside of McDavid and Draisaitl, no one is scoring 5 on 5. You're right, they need to go on a run pretty soon but I think they may have to make a move to shake things up.

Comment

• Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post

If they happen to beat Vegas tonight, they are only 3 points off of where they were last year at this point. The big difference this year is that their PK is atrocious and outside of McDavid and Draisaitl, no one is scoring 5 on 5. You're right, they need to go on a run pretty soon but I think they may have to make a move to shake things up.
                      Looks like they just traded Jokinen for Camelleri (sp?) from LA

Comment

That's not true. 5*5 points per 60 goes Drai, RNH and McDavid & Lucic are tied. The 2nd line is doing fine.

Comment

That's not true. 5*5 points per 60 goes Drai, RNH and McDavid & Lucic are tied. The 2nd line is doing fine.
                          I'm not sure that any of the lines are doing "fine" when they are one of the lowest scoring teams but out of those four, who is scoring the goals?

Comment

I'm not sure that any of the lines are doing "fine" when they are one of the lowest scoring teams but out of those four, who is scoring the goals?
                            Don't forget RNH and Lucic are making 6 million each also to do nothing

Comment

I'm not debating whether the Oilers scoring is fine related to the league. I'm stating that RNH and Lucic are scoring just fine in relation to your initial comment. Context my friend.

Your comment was that besides McDavid and Drai no one is scoring. I gave you the order of points leaders for the team before last nights game. Now you want to debate who is scoring the goals. Guess what. RNH has 3 more goals than Drai. Guess what else, Maroon is tied for goals with Drai and Lucic is 2 behind Drai. Your comments remain inaccurate. And just to be clear, I agree that as a team the Oilers aren't scoring enough, but that is rather self-evident isn't it.

Comment

I'm not debating whether the Oilers scoring is fine related to the league. I'm stating that RNH and Lucic are scoring just fine in relation to your initial comment. Context my friend.

Your comment was that besides McDavid and Drai no one is scoring. I gave you the order of points leaders for the team before last nights game. Now you want to debate who is scoring the goals. Guess what. RNH has 3 more goals than Drai. Guess what else, Maroon is tied for goals with Drai and Lucic is 2 behind Drai. Your comments remain inaccurate. And just to be clear, I agree that as a team the Oilers aren't scoring enough, but that is rather self-evident isn't it.
                                You are right, context is important. Before Monday's game, McDavid and Drai had 12 of the 31 even strength goals (40%). So I did exaggerate a little. And when I said scoring, I meant goals, which I thought was quite evident but next time I will make it more clear.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X