Edmonton Oilers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat has rightly gone out of debate about trading away Jordan Eberle

Cap crisis coming after this year, too, due to McDavid and the expected Draisaittl contract. I wonder if Nuge will be the next to be moved.........

Comment

• https://oilersnation.com/2017/07/10/...eon-draisaitl/

Comment

• Hmm, Saturday, January 13th, Oil in Vegas, 6 days off after the game and McDavid turns 21 that day. All the stars aligning for a bit of shindig.......

Comment

• "The hell with inexperience," Jesse Puljujarvi should be in Edmonton Oilers line-up next year, Button argues

Comment

• And there are a bunch of "never was" who would argue that bringing them along too quickly, extinguished their promising careers.

All players are different, but I don't think many guys got hurt playing a year too many in the minors, whereas there are a lot of guys who had quick success in the NHL, only to fizzle into nothing.

I like how the Oilers are dealing with Jesse, and if anything, after watching Laine, he'll have even more drive to succeed. Let his camp do the talking.

Also interesting article on sportnet.ca with Donald Fehr and his reply that there is a perception the PA pressures players into getting max value out of the negotitations, as opposed to taking discounts to help their team attract more assets. Obviously the question pertains to the recent McDavid deal.

Comment

• No reason Edmonton Oilers young puckmovers can't again exceed expectations

Comment

• TSN's Ferraro still bullish on Jesse Puljujarvi, who is between a Yak and a Drai place

Comment

• And in the big nothing burger category, Andrew Ferrence retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                    And in the big nothing burger category, Andrew Ferrence retired.
                    He was already done last off-season. He worked hard at his rehab, and is in great shape for things like running and biking, but he reported to the Oilers knowing he wouldn't be cleared to play hockey. Years of playing through a hip injury had taken their toll. His NHL career has been over for a while, but he finally made it official yesterday.

He's a great guy. He's doing a lot of community work in Alberta. He seems at peace with how his career ended, and is doing well with life after hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by gilligan View Post

He was already done last off-season. He worked hard at his rehab, and is in great shape for things like running and biking, but he reported to the Oilers knowing he wouldn't be cleared to play hockey. Years of playing through a hip injury had taken their toll. His NHL career has been over for a while, but he finally made it official yesterday.

He's a great guy. He's doing a lot of community work in Alberta. He seems at peace with how his career ended, and is doing well with life after hockey.
                      I saw quite a few features on him. A real leader and as you say, clearly a great guy. A total non-contributor on the ice at the end though. Oilers were desperate at time of his signing. Desperation leads to contracts like Ferrence and Fayne.

Comment

• I really don't get this article. Reinhart somehow returning after the Golden Knights just signed him? Seems like a mere "filler" article to me.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...-have-happened

Comment

• After six years as an Edmonton Oiler, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins may be skating on thin ice

Comment

• If they can make a deal, they will for him. He is too expensive for the role he is lining up to play. Hindsight being 20-20, they should have dealt him already. But there was no way to know how last year would play out, and his value dropped consistently all year. It will be doing the same this year. I'd be leaning heavy on finding a trading partner to get as much value back as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChuckT View Post

If they can make a deal, they will for him. He is too expensive for the role he is lining up to play. Hindsight being 20-20, they should have dealt him already. But there was no way to know how last year would play out, and his value dropped consistently all year. It will be doing the same this year. I'd be leaning heavy on finding a trading partner to get as much value back as possible.
                              I think next off season he is likely moved unless he has a big bounce back year. The Oilers have a lot of cap room this season, it's next year it will get a bit interesting. Once they lock up Draisatl you have a 1-2 center situation that would be the envy of most of the league. No sense in having a 6million 3rd line center.

Comment

• Bear raising game, expectations for Oilers

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X