Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edmonton Oilers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bates View Post

I'll take the Leafs Cap problems over the Oiler's Cap problems. And Lemieux was 30 years ago, times have changed a lot.
    In what way, that pertains to this comparison?

Comment

• The most important part though, is that the Oilers are only a couple of hours away from winning another lottery. That will fix everything!

Comment

• Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post
        The most important part though, is that the Oilers are only a couple of hours away from winning another lottery. That will fix everything!
        They shouldn't be allowed to place in the top 5
        Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

• Originally posted by gersh View Post

In what way, that pertains to this comparison?
          Players have greater control and demand more now than in the past. In the 80's coaches yelled and players did as told. Now the guys are part of every conversation. As one example teams lined up last summer and pitched to Tavares with everything from expected linemates to team draft philosophy to Cap plans. You would have never seen that 30 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

They shouldn't be allowed to place in the top 5
            Lol yup agreed, Colorado has the best odds , Dorion will have a red face

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	injury.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	429525

Comment

• Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

Lol yup agreed, Colorado has the best odds , Dorion will have a red face
                But they didn't have Taylor Hall...

Comment

• Originally posted by ChuckT View Post

But they didn't have Taylor Hall...
                  Hall's Tweet was the stuff we could use more of in the NHL, it's entertaining.

Comment

• Maybe should have hung onto our boy Eberle .....

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
                      Maybe should have hung onto our boy Eberle .....
                      Perhaps...although he had a sub-par regular season...Nonetheless, not getting something to replace the scoring for the Oilers after dealing him hurts even more. One of Chiarelli's many stupid moves and a clear example of how not to manage assets

Comment

Perhaps...although he had a sub-par regular season...Nonetheless, not getting something to replace the scoring for the Oilers after dealing him hurts even more. One of Chiarelli's many stupid moves and a clear example of how not to manage assets
                        Eberle is such a solid guy that I think his value to a team is greater than his stats ..... and he comes up big under pressure.

Comment

He had fewer points this year but it was also the first time in his career he played on a team that valued defensive play.

Comment

• First of all, Iím not defending the Oilers trading him. I may have in the past but i quickly saw it was a mistake. That said, heís never been this engaged before with or without the puck...other than maybe in junior hockey. He never showed anyone this in the 2017 playoffs, so letís not go saying heís always been that way and heís some playoff legend already. It was only 4 good games...still lots more to be played yet.
                            For the record I hope he keeps lighting it up..

Comment

First of all, Iím not defending the Oilers trading him. I may have in the past but i quickly saw it was a mistake. That said, heís never been this engaged before with or without the puck...other than maybe in junior hockey. He never showed anyone this in the 2017 playoffs, so letís not go saying heís always been that way and heís some playoff legend already. It was only 4 good games...still lots more to be played yet.
                              For the record I hope he keeps lighting it up..
                              He was a really clutch player in junior though, especially when the games mattered most. I always hoped that'd translate with the Oilers. If he could've been a clutch playoff player, then it would've been worthwhile to absorb his $6m salary for decent but not spectacular regular season results. Unfortunately he spent most of his career outside the playoffs, and his one post season with the Oilers did not go very well. The Islanders will be his chance for post-season redemption.

Comment

• Pedersen deciding he's an NHL insider and calling Ken Holland as the Oiler GM.

It has been quickly rebutted by other guys like Rishaug.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X