Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffalo Sabres turf coach and GM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Sure seem to be moving in the right direction after their 8th straight win has them sitting third in the entire league and second in the Eastern Conference.

While they may come back to earth, they are definitely exceeding my expectations. I had hoped this was the year theyíd compete for a playoff spot right down to wire but likely come up just short (9th or 10th in the east type thing).

Botts has done an awesome job with this rebuild. The Skinner trade was a fleecing and turfing Lerner and getting Carter Hutton was a nice upgrade at a lower salary. Really like some of the role players he added to go with this skilled young group and Dahlin looks to be every bit as good as advertised.

Itís been a looooong time but nice to see this team relevant again!
    I've watched a few Sabres games this year. Lots of grit. They never give up when they're behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

I've watched a few Sabres games this year. Lots of grit. They never give up when they're behind.
      Thatís one of the biggest things that has impressed me, lots of come from
      behind and third period wins. I think Botterill has done a good job assembling a roster and managing the cap to where they should be in a good position to extend their key young cogs when their entry deals are over. Been a long time coming though, that organization has had some terrible decision makers for a decade.

Comment

Thatís one of the biggest things that has impressed me, lots of come from
        behind and third period wins. I think Botterill has done a good job assembling a roster and managing the cap to where they should be in a good position to extend their key young cogs when their entry deals are over. Been a long time coming though, that organization has had some terrible decision makers for a decade.
        They're like the Riders were in 2018. Gritty and tough in close games.

Comment

They're like the Riders were in 2018. Gritty and tough in close games.
          Offence is much better though

Comment

10 in a row just now. Congrats Bingo.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I thought this was funny. Good to see a great fan base finally have some sunshine.

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/st...426551298?s=19

Comment

10 in a row just now. Congrats Bingo.
                    Holla Holla!! We dem boyz

I believe thatís a franchise record.

Comment

It is. And traditionally teams that put together such a win streak almost always make the playoffs. It's a very good omen for you.

Comment

It is. And traditionally teams that put together such a win streak almost always make the playoffs. It's a very good omen for you.
                        For sure. Theyíll come back down to earth, they arenít one of the leagueís best IMO but I do agree that itís very likely they land a playoff spot for the first time in 8 years. When the season started I anticipated fighting for a playoff spot and just slightly losing out so obviously this is quite the bonus.

Comment

Tied. They did 10 straight some time in the 80's and had the 10 straight wins to open the 06 season, that was their President's Trophy year.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X