Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffalo Sabres turf coach and GM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo Sabres turf coach and GM

GM Tim Murray and HC Dan Bylsma fired. Buffalo sports writer Mike Harrington on Sportsnet 590 just called the Pegula's (owners) amateurs. The glow is off the Pegula's arriving in Buffalo, he said. Says the salary cap is a mess. "This team is a disaster right now." Says Kim Pegula has a lot of influence and it's not good.

Says he'd like to see Dean Lombardi as GM. Phil Housley or Kevin Dineen as HC. John Shannon says David Quinn. Says Quinn's name is being floated.

Jack Eichels fingerprints all over this !!

Comment

Eichel declares he won't re-sign with Bylsma as coach. Ownership made the right decision to keep their bona fide #1 franchise center happy. It's not like Bylsma and Murray were Bowman and Quenneville. Sabres fans should rejoice.

Comment

The Pegulas are running their teams into the ground.

Comment

Huge Sabres fan here but I think this is the right call. I was on the fence about whether they should go wholesale change or not but I think now is the time. They have some good pieces in Eichel, Ristolainen and Nylander. They'll have another early pick this year too.

Comment

The Sabres are my second favourite team after the Habs and I agree with you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
              Huge Sabres fan here but I think this is the right call. I was on the fence about whether they should go wholesale change or not but I think now is the time. They have some good pieces in Eichel, Ristolainen and Nylander. They'll have another early pick this year too.
              What was the issue between Eichel and Bylsma?

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

What was the issue between Eichel and Bylsma?
                I'm not 100% sure but things were going south late in the year with a few of the key players and Bylsma. Reinhardt for example was benched for half a game. I think he lost the room. I'm not sure I buy the "Eichel wouldn't sign an extension unless they fired Bylsma" but I do believe there was some serious friction there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

I'm not 100% sure but things were going south late in the year with a few of the key players and Bylsma. Reinhardt for example was benched for half a game. I think he lost the room. I'm not sure I buy the "Eichel wouldn't sign an extension unless they fired Bylsma" but I do believe there was some serious friction there.
                  The good thing is there's plenty of talent for Buffalo to go thru as NHL teams are ridiculous in axing coaches and GM's too soon.

Comment

The good thing is there's plenty of talent for Buffalo to go thru as NHL teams are ridiculous in axing coaches and GM's too soon.
                    Agreed. I'd really like to see Dean Lombardi but I'll admit I haven't looked at all the available candidates.

Comment

Comment

As a Sabres fan this won't hurt my feelings any. Murray's gambles didn't pan out and the talent is better than the record shows

Comment

Brad Treliving may become available according to Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet. Hard to believe the Flames would actually go in another direction. The NHL is crazy about how quickly it gives up on coaches and GM's. Just nuts.

Comment

Any sought after GM will actually be asking Pegula the questions in their interviews as the Owner needs to step back and let the Pro do their work....and get his Wife to buzz off as well.

Comment

This isn't out of line IMO. The Pegula's are way to hands on with their teams. Bills fans have felt it for years.

I'm shocked Treliving would be available. I realize the Flames were just swept but from where they were 12 months ago (picking 5th overall) they showed some very good improvement.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X