Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coralharbour View Post

Jolly good. It looks like it will be a bit of a bunfight.

I just love the way the announcers call the games.
    Agreed that the announcers are fantastic, so expressive, quick witted and brutally honest.

Comment

• Watching England play is like watching the Riders play, lol. Only 3 near heart attacks this game...

Comment

• Does England choke away another world cup game??

Comment

• A seemingly harmless header, a fullback caught flat footed and nice finish from Mandzukic. 2-1 Croatia, just like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

The national political rivalry between England and France goes back nearly a thousand years. Hundred Year's War, Napoleonic Wars, empire vs empire during the colonization era, Inspector Clouseau... they've loathed each other forever. Would make for a great match
            Iím gonna have to look that guy up and say well I guess the game of soccer is in trouble now that it wonít be a France/England final.

Comment

• Not to take away from Croatia, but and England / France final would have been un-freaking-believable...

Comment

• Is it just me, or would you need a compound fracture to a leg to leave your team with 10 in that game?

Even if you can barley walk, you could stand in the wall for one of those set pieces.

Comment

• Originally posted by footballisgood View Post
                  Not to take away from Croatia, but and England / France final would have been un-freaking-believable...
                  Disagree. I think these 2 teams are most deserving of the final and also played the most exciting soccer in the tournament. I am pumped!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post

Disagree. I think these 2 teams are most deserving of the final and also played the most exciting soccer in the tournament. I am pumped!!!
                    I just think in terms of historic rivalries, that nothing would ever touch England and France in the finale of the World Cup. Croatia definitely deserved to be there. To win that game in extra time was amazing. Plus they went to extra time against Russia and penalties and took them out too. Before that Denmark in penalties. They have played a lot of soccer and their fitness level is outstanding.

But I deeply wanted to see England/France. Would have been off the hook.

Comment

• Originally posted by footballisgood View Post

I just think in terms of historic rivalries, that nothing would ever touch England and France in the finale of the World Cup. Croatia definitely deserved to be there. To win that game in extra time was amazing. Plus they went to extra time against Russia and penalties and took them out too. Before that Denmark in penalties. They have played a lot of soccer and their fitness level is outstanding.

But I deeply wanted to see England/France. Would have been off the hook.
                      For sure, although the 1966 Final when England defeated West Germany was pretty amazing. In that year, the 4 finalists were all from Europe, similar to the current Cup.

Comment

• will be a cakewalk for France 2-0

Comment

• Originally posted by RFIOttawa View Post
                          will be a cakewalk for France 2-0
                          Nope, Croatia has world class players. They are solid throughout. Should be a great game.

Comment

• Originally posted by dupree View Post

Nope, Croatia has world class players. They are solid throughout. Should be a great game.
                            Midfield is as good as it gets

Comment

• Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

Midfield is as good as it gets
                              Modrič was the best midfielder in the entire tournament ... love that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post

Modrič was the best midfielder in the entire tournament ... love that guy.
                                French team is just too fast, too young for the old war horse Croatian. France will control most of the game and once they break through for the 1st goal, it will be over.. Average age for the Croatian team is ~30..French ~22..8 years are a lots of wear and tear on the soccer player's body.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X