Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs are now tied for 1st overall in MLB 2019

The Blue Red Sox had to win this WS with the record they had. It would have been unforgivable had they not.
    Their playoff season looked like their regular season and I only wish they could have played the Brew and stomped them as much as they did the Dodgers.

Go Cubs 2019

Comment

• Steve Pearce is the World Series MVP.

Whoulda thought that in March during Spring Training?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty c View Post
        Steve Pearce is the World Series MVP.

Whoulda thought that in March during Spring Training?
        And he didn't want to leave Toronto!

I'm a lifelong Yankee fan and despite the way the Red Sox swept aside the Yanks I have to applaud their postseason run, a record of 11-3 against teams that collectively won 295 games this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by coralharbour View Post
          Redemption for Price while Kershaw pitches adds to his postseason reputation for failure.

Mookie & JD came thru in the clutch and Steve Pearce, who didn't want to leave Toronto, will probably by WS MVP.
          Kershaw has been a huge disappointment in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
            What station is everyone watching ? Sportsnet or Fox? Iím watching fox
            When I did watch, I watched Fox to avoid Buck

Comment

• Back to Back loosing championship celebrations on your own field . Mary Hart must be beside herself .

Comment

• Texas Rangers give the Dodgers a shot while referencing themselves.

Texas Rangers@Rangers
                Hey @Dodgers, the support group for back-to-back #WorldSeries losers meets on Tuesdays.
                9:19 PM - Oct 28, 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by regina View Post
                  Back to Back loosing championship celebrations on your own field . Mary Hart must be beside herself .
                  It's too bad. She was there for all those Stanley cup games in 93 too. She's a legit fan. Watches the whole game and rarely leaves early. Pretty easy on the eyes to boot.

Comment

• Kershaw staying in LA. 3 year 93 million $

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenwall View Post
                      Kershaw staying in LA. 3 year 93 million $
                      Smart move on his behalf; he has a history of back injury and he's lost a couple of mph off his fastball which scouts say now comes in about the same speed as his slider.

Comment

• Joe Mauer retires. He had a fine 15 year career, all with the Twins.

So the question: Is he a Hall of Famer? I certainly think he is; he's the only catcher to win 3 batting titles. He finished up with a career .306 average. 2009 AL MVP and winner of 3 Gold Gloves (I'm mildly sceptical about the GG awards) He didn't, however, hit a lot of home runs, with only 1 season hitting more than 13.

http://www.startribune.com/joe-mauer...all/500170911/

Comment

• Cubs trying to shop Kris Bryant around as I suspected.

Comment

• Originally posted by regina View Post
                            Cubs trying to shop Kris Bryant around as I suspected.
                            He's only 26 however his $10.8M salary and the dropoff in production the past 2 years could be a concern. I'm betting, however, that some GM will pony up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X