Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Blue Jays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squish View Post
    I think I might need a March trip to Dunedin just to say I saw this guy there. I've purposely been trying to downplay him, and my excitement about him, but the last time there was this kind of talk about a prospect, it was Trout.

Jeez, its hard not to go over the top with him.
    Give into it. He's the real deal and it's not just Jays personnel people saying it. He will be a superstar.

Looking at the schedule I have my eyes on the series in Seattle in August and the one in Minnesota in April, though that might be a little to cold for the fam.
    Don't do it

Comment

I think I might need a March trip to Dunedin just to say I saw this guy there. I've purposely been trying to downplay him, and my excitement about him, but the last time there was this kind of talk about a prospect, it was Trout.

Jeez, its hard not to go over the top with him.
      Trout had lots of press, but nothing like Harper. That's the guy who really set the bar for hype.

Vlad has the whole baseball world in front of him, I just hope he keeps his weight issues in check. Get that boy personal chef immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicthunder View Post

Give into it. He's the real deal and it's not just Jays personnel people saying it. He will be a superstar.

Looking at the schedule I have my eyes on the series in Seattle in August and the one in Minnesota in April, though that might be a little to cold for the fam.
        If you can swing it in March, a spring training trip is really in many ways the best. Access to players, being around the friendliest and most knowledgeable fans. Beautiful weather. Its something I'm kind of planning my retirement around.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicthunder View Post

My Dad, Brother and I have done a Jays Trip the last few years. Went to Minny 2 years ago and TO last year. The series Iíve got circled this year is just before Seattle, playing the Dodgers in LA. They only go to LA once every 6 years with the current rotation so Iím hopeful they are on board.

Comment

If you can swing it in March, a spring training trip is really in many ways the best. Access to players, being around the friendliest and most knowledgeable fans. Beautiful weather. Its something I'm kind of planning my retirement around.
            Ya we are already going to be down there for Disney but we're leaving a couple days before the first game. Are you allowed to watch them practice?
            Don't do it

Comment

• 3 years ago today, the bat flip heard round the world.

I just rewatched the bottom of the 7th inning. Without a doubt the craziest 1/2 inning Iíve ever seen.

I vividly remember running around my empty house like a maniac as it was an afternoon game and I had taken the day off.

If you have a spare 30 minutes well worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/imRhlUpE36Y

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty c View Post
                3 years ago today, the bat flip heard round the world.

I just rewatched the bottom of the 7th inning. Without a doubt the craziest 1/2 inning Iíve ever seen.

I vividly remember running around my empty house like a maniac as it was an afternoon game and I had taken the day off.

If you have a spare 30 minutes well worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/imRhlUpE36Y
                Yep, I was in the exact same boat. Yelling "are you kidding me?!?!" after the Martin interference call, at no one, but my dog. I think everybody got home just after the bat flip homer and I was all jacked up like a cokehead trying to tell them all about it.

Comment

Yep, I was in the exact same boat. Yelling "are you kidding me?!?!" after the Martin interference call, at no one, but my dog. I think everybody got home just after the bat flip homer and I was all jacked up like a cokehead trying to tell them all about it.
                  Haha, yep. My very pregnant wife and daughter got home just after the inning and I met them in the garage to tell them about the insanity of it all.

Comment

• Jays are going to announce Charlie Montoyo as the new manager. Previously has managed all levels of the Rays minor leagues and has been 3rd Base or Bench coach in the bigs for the last few years.

Bilinigual guy thats grown up in the Rays analytics based organization seems to check the boxes the Jays were looking for.

Jeff Blair tweeted he was brought in to the Expos organization to mentor Vladdy Sr and now gets to manage Vladdy Jr.

Comment

Jays are going to announce Charlie Montoyo as the new manager. Previously has managed all levels of the Rays minor leagues and has been 3rd Base or Bench coach in the bigs for the last few years.

Bilinigual guy thats grown up in the Rays analytics based organization seems to check the boxes the Jays were looking for.

Jeff Blair tweeted he was brought in to the Expos organization to mentor Vladdy Sr and now gets to manage Vladdy Jr.
                      I'm unfamiliar with him. Not a sexy hire, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Need a guy that can help young players develop, and if he has that much of a history in the minors, that's a good start. The Rays have been very good at growing their internal talent, so hopefully he can bring that type of knowledge to the Jays.

Comment

Jays are going to announce Charlie Montoyo as the new manager. Previously has managed all levels of the Rays minor leagues and has been 3rd Base or Bench coach in the bigs for the last few years.

How is French gonna help him?

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post

Haha Iím dumb - until you posted this I had assumed Scotty was implying French - I now feel like itís likely and much more useful that itís spanish

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post

Well he did play for a month in Montreal and at least a season in Ottawa. Maybe heís a quick study and is actually Tri-Lingual.

For those confused by my initial post, he was born and raised in Puerto Rico and didnít learn any English until he moved to California to attend junior college.

Seems like a decent pull yourself up by your bootstraps kinda guy.

Heres a 20 minute long feature on him from a couple years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CxG...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post

I'm unfamiliar with him. Not a sexy hire, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Need a guy that can help young players develop, and if he has that much of a history in the minors, that's a good start. The Rays have been very good at growing their internal talent, so hopefully he can bring that type of knowledge to the Jays.
                              I wasn't expecting a sexy hire, but he is older than I expected. I do like that he has a lot of experience with young players.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X