Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2017-18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ovie was flying tonight, well deserved win. The big boys played well and the depth lines scored too. A player from each of their four lines scored tonight.

Comment

• Love Ovies passion (and love) for the game.

Comment

• Happy for TJ Ohsi
        Gonna be a lot of Russians at the WHouse

Comment

• Ovechkin has changed his game over the past few years, for the better. He's still a threat to score, but he has become a real leader. He was blocking shots, back checking (especially on the power play when he coughed up the puck at the blue line when he had already been out there for 90 seconds). I think his approach to the game has rubbed off on other players, including Kuznetzoff, who really stepped up his game in these playoffs.

It was quite cool to see Ovi lift the Cup. And when he handed it off to Backstrom, Backstrom never sounded more Canadian when he yelled:
          "_ _ _kin rights!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Mega View Post

Well, that's odd. Perron DID receive a penalty. So, by the rules you have quoted, there was an altercation on this play. The league's own rules, as you have laid them out, make it clear that Perron should have been tossed from the game and suspended.

I would love to actually hear someone from the league attempt to explain their rationale for this, and for not suspending Wilson for the late blind side hit. But we all know that will never happen.
            I would assume that the penalty call needed to be tied into the initial interaction. Since there was nothing called when OV nearly ran him over, the intent associated with Perron coming on the ice to start or join an altercation is gone.

And I think that's a key piece to evaluating supplemental discipline. Did Perron jump on the ice with the intent of doing something? Because it could be argued his penalty was the result of something OV did to him, and if you believe that (which I'm sure was the view of the league), then there was no intent to do anything when he jumped on the ice and thus no supplemental discipline.

But was really happy to see the Caps win. Congrats to Regina's own - Ross Mahoney!

Comment

• happy for ovi, would be hilarious if the whole team decided that they didnt want to go to the white house

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Anger View Post
                happy for ovi, would be hilarious if the whole team decided that they didnt want to go to the white house
                Meh, what's one more Russian at the White House?

Comment

• Trotz leaving Washington
                  https://www.tsn.ca/trotz-steps-down-...oach-1.1116217

I suspect Reirden becomes the Caps Head Coach. Islanders will probably go after Trotz hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post
                    Trotz leaving Washington
                    https://www.tsn.ca/trotz-steps-down-...oach-1.1116217

I suspect Reirden becomes the Caps Head Coach. Islanders will probably go after Trotz hard.
                    I donít blame him.

Comment

• Tippett joins Seattle Group as Senior Adviser.
                      https://www.tsn.ca/tippett-joins-nhl...roup-1.1116389

Good coach, but IMO shouldn't be anywhere near team decisions. It didn't take him long to tear down what Mahoney was trying to build in Arizona.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Smooth move by the Sharks to free up some cash and salary cap while also gaining a few picks.

Comment

• Sens didn't get much for Hoffman IMO. His and his fiancee's fault on that I guess. I wonder if we see Karlsson traded at the draft now ?

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post
                                Sens didn't get much for Hoffman IMO. His and his fiancee's fault on that I guess. I wonder if we see Karlsson traded at the draft now ?
                                Bet they are wishing they moved him at the deadline now based on what Tatar got. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X