Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2017-18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coralharbour View Post

I would have gotten rid of "point a week Max" and kept PK.
    Maybe if they moved PK to forward but he needs a very strong supporting cast to look even just ok defensively

I like what PK s flamboyance brings to the game but wasn't sad to see him leave my habs ........................I think his roll in the 2014 Olympics says all you need to know about his defensive play

Comment

• Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

As I life long Habs fan it is disappointing to see that them where they are but the reality is they have been a mediocre team for a long long time .... Good enough on most years to get in the playoffs but not good enough to go anywhere without spectacular goaltending from either CP or Halak.

Not saying MB is the best GM in the league but as far as MB being the worst GM in the league I think that dude in Edmonton is a run away favorite to take that crown. While people will debate MBs trades till the cows come home the one thing (other than maybe CP31s new contract ) he has not got the team into cap trouble and has no real albatross contracts that are going to hinder a retooling. Just my thoughts but a lesser GM would have panicked by now and gave away the farm for some short term gain
      Thatís our problem the habs canít do anything from a trade perspective, we have nothing in the farm , our roster is thin and not much trade value , we havenít got many draft picks

Comment

• Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

Thatís our problem the habs canít do anything from a trade perspective, we have nothing in the farm , our roster is thin and not much trade value , we havenít got many draft picks
        Big part of the problem is the fan base will not tolerate a rebuild so its always a patch here and a patch there and while on the surface their drafting seems atrocious I did see a break down compared to other teams and they are about middle of the pack with success

Comment

I would have gotten rid of "point a week Max" and kept PK.
          It's a really tough call, but I certainly would not have traded PK unless you were bringing significantly more offense back in return. They have (had?) the best goalie in hockey, it makes no sense at all to shore up your defense in that situation. 100 out of 100 goalies will say they'd rather be kept busy than having 17-18 shots per game. It helps them stay in the game, and performing at a higher level.

IMO, if the Habs wanted to build around Carey (and I still think they should have dealt him as you don't need a high end goalie anymore to win), go after O. Sacrifice your D with more players like PK, as opposed to shoring it up and being less reliant on Price.

But one thing is for sure, hard to say that PK is the disaster people make him out to be when you look at how well Nashville has done with him. And don't look now, but a team charging up the standings, climbing to 4th in the overall league standings. One of the best "home ice" rinks in the entire league...

Comment

I watched parts of Oilers games against Ducks & Sharks. They can put the puck in the net and judging from those two games it seems to me that their goaltending is pedestrian, their defense is ordinary & backchecking isn't something most of their forwards are interested in doing.
            Lucic is a terrible hockey player.

That is all.

Comment

Big part of the problem is the fan base will not tolerate a rebuild so its always a patch here and a patch there and while on the surface their drafting seems atrocious I did see a break down compared to other teams and they are about middle of the pack with success
              That's because they're always drafting in the middle of the pack. Maybe they need to crash & burn and get high draft choices for 7 or 8 years like the Oilers.

Comment

• Hall , eberle, Barzal. For Larson , Strome and Reinhart hahahahaha. Chia is even worse than Bergevin . Falling for Dahlin.

Comment

That's because they're always drafting in the middle of the pack. Maybe they need to crash & burn and get high draft choices for 7 or 8 years like the Oilers.
                  How's that working out for them?

Comment

• Bruins vs Hard Working Flames tonite in Bahstun
                    Not at ton of success ,and I speak of the best team in Alberduh, at TDG or in general but the way the Bruins played against The Herd last home game , they themselves have questions to be answered tonight.

Once again the Bruins can pull within one point of the best team statistcally in the league . The Light from Tampa.

We all speak as one here in the NHL Thread I'm sure when I state :

Go Bruins

Puck drop is 6pm.
                    Last edited by regina; 02-14-2018, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• @SportsCentre:
                      #TRADECENTRE ALERT: #Sens trade D Dion Phaneuf and F Nate Thompson to #Kings for F Marian GaborŪk and F Nick Shore.

The Senators will retain 25 per cent of Phaneuf's salary (via @DarrenDreger). https://t.co/irPC9fIDXw

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

How's that working out for them?
                        Granted. This year not so much. Like Remenda says they've got too many slow players.

They've got some good players to go with McDavid but I think their goaltender is over-rated. He caught lightning in a bottle last year but has come back down to earth.

Comment

• Seven consecutive losses for the Chi Blackhawks.

Ouch

Comment

Maybe if they moved PK to forward but he needs a very strong supporting cast to look even just ok defensively

I like what PK s flamboyance brings to the game but wasn't sad to see him leave my habs ........................I think his roll in the 2014 Olympics says all you need to know about his defensive play
                            Him winning the Norris trophy was a complete farce. He's not a defenseman, he's a forward playing defense

Comment

• Habs dumping PK isn't their problem. He is an all about me guy with very limited defensive capabilities. Just look at all the ice time he got the last Olympics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post
                                Habs dumping PK isn't their problem. He is an all about me guy with very limited defensive capabilities. Just look at all the ice time he got the last Olympics.
                                Well there were a few hundred Canadian NHL'ers that got even less ice time on the Olympic team.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X