Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saskatchewan Rush

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saskatchewan Rush

So last night, April 15/17, the Rush lost for the first time at home. Up 3 with less that 3 to play they lost in OT to the NE Black Wolves 13-12. 14,500, so not quite a sellout but a good game. They weren't a good or a lucky as they have been in prior games. NE had some sic goals that were a little lucky but really cool; behind the back shots and the like. Our whole family went, my youngest's first game and I think there is a new fan. He liked the action and loved the music and atmosphere.

Originally posted by AngryAccountant View Post
    So last night, April 15/17, the Rush lost for the first time at home. Up 3 with less that 3 to play they lost in OT to the NE Black Wolves 13-12. 14,500, so not quite a sellout but a good game. They weren't a good or a lucky as they have been in prior games. NE had some sic goals that were a little lucky but really cool; behind the back shots and the like. Our whole family went, my youngest's first game and I think there is a new fan. He liked the action and loved the music and atmosphere.
    Is that a high score or a normal score?

Comment

It's about average. There's lots of scoring in box laX. I've been hooked since the second game last year. I've missed one game the last 2 years. It's a great time and even a better game.

Comment

Went to my first Rush game on Saturday, Great atmosphere and had a good time. I could be bad luck and the reason they lost, or they blew the lead because my wife wouldn't let me have any more beer after half time

Comment

Originally posted by AngryAccountant View Post
          LOL don't even get me started. Was at that game. Team folded like a cheap suit near the end. Wasn't happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

LOL don't even get me started. Was at that game. Team folded like a cheap suit near the end. Wasn't happy.
            Will you be at the game on Saturday? I'll be coming down, wouldn't mind saying hi

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post

Will you be at the game on Saturday? I'll be coming down, wouldn't mind saying hi
              I won't be at the game this Saturday. TC is in Saskatoon though so if you come up for a practice or so, we can sit together and watch practice.

Comment

was at the game,with less than a minute left aaron bold,tried to score on new england`s empty net,missed and they came back to score on the rush to tie with 8 seconds left,had he passed ball to his forwards they probably would have won
                coach keenan commented after game about bad decisions late in game,and i am sure bold will not be trying that again anytime soon.
                better they lose this type of game now,than in playoffs

also as posted new england scored some beauty goals-off set plays

Comment

It was a decent game, the Rush made some mistakes and should have won it. The refs screwed up on the New England illegal substitution penalty in OT. The Rule Book says that any illegal substitution penalty in OT is a penalty shot. So the Rush should have gotten that instead of the power play. I do have to admit their PK looked decent though, being down 5 on 3 in OT, they nearly killed off the penalties. I believe the winner was scored with 9 seconds left in the second minor penalty.

But on to the next game against Toronto. Should be a fun game, I was a diehard Rock fan before the Rush came to Saskatoon. So my loyalties will be pulled a little bit. But really, the vast majority of my favourite players from the Rock have retired, so it isn't like I am cheering against my heroes.

I am still a member of a Rock fan club page on Facebook and apparently they hate the RushNation. I guess we have made an impression on the league for being loud and proud. The fanbases of the other teams aren't used to the passion we are showing for the Rush. We really are the 7th Man on the floor.

Comment

Grew up watching the rock and having a team here is so fantastic. Love it.
                    "Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right." - George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Rush got to clinch first this weekend against the rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Bignorm View Post
                        Went to my first Rush game on Saturday, Great atmosphere and had a good time. I could be bad luck and the reason they lost, or they blew the lead because my wife wouldn't let me have any more beer after half time
                        This sounds like the more realistic reason

Comment

Nice win last night against the Rock. 15-10 , after being tied at 7s at half. Played a better second half than last week. Coach Keenan ous now the winningest coach in NLL history. Full barn again as well.

Comment

Back up goalie carlson was in,he did quite well,it helped him that the d tightened up in 2nd half.the goalie for the rock was a MONSTER,player sheet said 6`3 285lbs,and he looked to be that.
                            they commented on the aftershow about the georgia swarm-that they have scored 80 goals in their last 4 games
                            going to renew season tix for sure

Comment

Yeah Magnum (I am trying to get that nickname to catch on for TC. Magnum P.I. had a buddy named TC) looked pretty good for a guy who hadn't played since game 1 of the season. Always nice to know that the Rush have a competent backup if anything happens to Boldy. Apparently, he played, according to Rush colour man Casey Guerin, because Aaron Bold had a slight upper body injury.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X